Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

quick Spectrum questions

Old 11-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Cambo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick Spectrum questions

Hi guys, i want to go Spetrum DX7 on my GP 27% cap and 50 size heli. Both of these airplanes are very pricey and have some glitching problems. Anyway, i need 7 channels for the heli and 6 channels for the airplane. So the ar7000 that comes with the box will go in my heli. My question, is the AR 6200 full range? It looks like the ar7000 just one less port. The other 6 channel recievers (AR 6000/AR6100) look like the are met for the DX6. Also, can you plug 2 batteries in to the reciever like i am doing with my FM in the plane.
Thanks
Old 11-23-2007, 10:10 AM
jerdavis
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: quick Spectrum questions

The 6200 is full range. I'm using one in my T34 racer.

You can plug a battery into any port as all ports (including the battery port) share a common power buss, just as in the futaba fm and pcm receivers. I'm using two batteries and switches with the ar7000 in my 28% extra. In fact I use a servo port for the battery and the battery port for the binding plug alone while binding a new installation.

Hope this helps.

Jerry
Old 11-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Yes the AR6200 is classified as a full range rx, basically any of the rx's that have a satellite rx are and those without a satellite rx are classified as Park Flyer/small electric rx's.

I put a 6200 in a trainer I keep around and programming with 6 channels when the trainer has independent aileron servos and functional flaps, proved to be a challenge but I got it to work.

The Spektrum rx's are just like the other rx's in that you can input power to any slot, but there is only one dedicated battery/bind port so you'll need Y's to input power from dual sources if all your channels are being used.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Cambo

Thanks guys
My 27& cap needs 6 slots. 2 battery, 1 alerion, 1 rudder, 1 elevator, 1 throttle. So i am guesing the AR 6200 should work there, Got to love those matchboxes
My Heli needs 1 battery, 1 alerion, 1 elevator, 1 rudder, 1 gyro, 1 throttle, 1 governor. I think the AR 7000 should work there too.

I can get the DX7, AR 7000, and AR 6200 for 350 from espirit at the moment. Ofcourse, that doesn't include servos/battery/switches but i don't need that stuff.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:49 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Careful with that last statement...[8D]

In order to bind the Spektrum rx's, you'll need a three wire switch to the battery/bind port or you cannot use the bind plug in the battery charge slot/lead of the switch. You have to pull it out of that port, put the power in somewhere else and use the bind plug in that port, it's the ONLY port you can use for binding.

Now most HD switches are three wire, but the only three wire light duty/standard switches I found were the Spektrums. Some folks don't worry too much about this and say, just go direct to the rx for the bind plug. But when you've filled all the slots and the rx is buried in foam somewhere in the model, it's a pain to get to.

Be sure that once you setup your models with the appropriate servo travel directions and/or mixes, that you re-bind the system. This will set the throttle failsafe (the other channels are last commanded position) and neutrals for all the servos. Otherwise you'll find some funky servo deflections when you first turn on the rx before it links to the tx, doing this re-bind after setup prevents that. Also, you may want to re-bind after any significant trim, mix or linkage changes.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Cambo

Thanks Zeeb.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:59 PM
Khatsalano

Here is some info on the range of Spektrum receivers that I compiled a while ago: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6555830/tm.htm