Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 9CAP vs. 9CHP (Again????)

Old 04-02-2003, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 9CAP vs. 9CHP (Again????)

I'm flying RC airplanes for some years now, and want to upgrade my radio system. I tough about Futaba's 9c series, but I'm a bit confused with the two models of this series.
Since I don't fly any helies I thought about buying the airplane version. But in the stores in my country, the dealers try to convince me that it would be a mistake, since the helies version contains ALL the functions that the airplane version has.
So I have to ask:
1. Is it true? does the CHP version is good for flying any airplane models. Does it contain ALL the mixes that the CAP version has?
2. What would you recommend? currently I'm not in helies but I don't want to close this door (does buying the CAP version closes this helies door?).

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-02-2003, 06:35 PM
My Feedback: (1)

They are basically the same. There may be one mix that is different. The main difference is that the plane version has a racketed throttle stick where the heli version is smooth. I like the throttle with a ratchet, I feel that I have more control in adding a slight amount of throttle. You will love the 9C..
Old 04-02-2003, 06:55 PM

there is two main diffrences in the heli version and the plane version.

first.. the ratchet throttle, the heli has a smooth throttle,.

second the very top switches are reversed.

the airplane has a 2 position switch and a momentary (trainer or other) switch on the right and a 2 pos and a 3 pos on the left.

the heli has the 2 and 3 on the right and the 2 and momentary on the left.

also the heli version defaults to a helicopter model for brand new model.

I have the heli version (started with helis) but now fly airplanes and the mixes are all the same.

I also drive my truck (savage) using this radio (with a 75Mhz module) so it can do just about whatever you want.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pitzi, to simply answer your question, the airplane version also has functions for flying airplanes, gliders, and helis. The 9C is a great radio.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:45 PM

Thanks for the replies!
I want to attach the reply I got from Futaba, FYI:

Dear Valued Customer:

Thank you for your Email.

Both the Futaba 9C airplane and heli transmitters contain identical software. The both have airplane/acro, sailplane, and heli software, and feature all of the exact, same programs, mixers, and other features.

The main differences are that the airplane transmtter has a ratcheted throttle and the heli one doesn't. Also, some of the toggle switches are positioned a bit differently between them.

When you buy the system, they come with different battery packs and servos. You can check the differences and features on the Futaba Web page listed below.

We hope you find this information helpful. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at this email address. (Please be sure to copy all previous emails into any future questions.)

DID YOU KNOW that our web pages now all contain FAQs? (Frequently asked questions) Please drop by and take a look! We hope you'll find the information helpful and valuable to you.

Sincerely,
Old 04-02-2003, 08:27 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I have the 9C heli radio. I only own one heli, but have several planes.
There is no difficulty flying the planes with the 9CH. I originally had a 9CA and didn't like flying the heli with it. So sold it to buy the 9CHP.
The toggle switch difference, and smooth throttle don't seem to matter at all for the planes. But make a big difference for heli flying.
Looking back, even if I didn't think I was going to fly helis, I would get a 9CH.
Old 04-02-2003, 09:47 PM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You will love the 9C. If you will not ever fly helis, save the money and get the CA version. It is good. Love that radio.