Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Binding spectrum reciever

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 10:29 PM
telejojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Binding spectrum reciever

I have several Spectrum recievers but the one I'm trying to rebind will only blink one time when I turn on the power and then go dead.What's up with this?
Old 11-23-2007, 11:07 PM
alan0899

Default RE: Binding spectrum reciever

G'day Mate,
Have you got the bind plug in the battery port.
Check your battery, &/or connections from the battery to the switch to the RX.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:09 AM
telejojo

I've tried it the bat. port and the switch like I have done on about 8 of them but no results........light will blink once when you turn on the power and nothing else.I may send it back to Horizon.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:22 AM
touch and go
My Feedback: (11)

I had the same problem and called Horizon. I was not using the switch that came with the Spektrum system; I bet you aren't either. The Spektrum switch uses a battery charge wire set that has three wires instead of the usual two. Note that the bind plug is made for three wires. The rep told me the solution that worked perfectly: Unplug the battery power wire that usually plugs into the bottom of the receiver and plug it into any servo port, being sure to keep the polarity correct. Then take the bind plug and plug it into the bottom of the receiver where the battery power wire usually goes. If you do it correctly the receivers should light up just like they are supposed to and then you can bind in the usual way. Hope this helps.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:04 AM
telejojo

Thanks. but I am using a spectrum switch,I keep the spectrum switch for that purpose.I'll keep trying.............
Old 11-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

You don't say what model rx you're trying to bind?

IF it's one with a satellite rx, is the satellite rx plugged in?

If it's got a satellite rx, then that must be plugged in or it won't go into bind mode. In fact, it's my understanding that they won't turn on if the satellite rx is un-plugged. Danny has said that should a satellite rx be/get un-plugged once the rx is linked, it will continue to operate until it's shut off.

Also, if you're running an AR9000 or R921 with multiple satellite rx's, they must all be plugged in or the rx will not recognize them, i.e. if you bind with one and then add a second satellite, it will not light up until you rebind the main rx with all satellite rx's hooked up.

Ask me how I discovered that one...
Old 11-24-2007, 10:33 AM
jerdavis
My Feedback: (3)

I had an ar6200 that worked normally for a while. Then one day, when I tried to bind it, the lights would blink once as you have described.

It was replaced under warranty.
Jerry

Old 11-24-2007, 09:11 PM
telejojo

Right,I'm doing then same thing I did before but this time it will only link once...........
Old 11-24-2007, 11:02 PM
jerdavis
My Feedback: (3)

What I should have said was that mine was a malfunction and that it was replaced under warranty.

Jerry
Old 12-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

ORIGINAL: Zeeb

You don't say what model rx you're trying to bind?

IF it's one with a satellite rx, is the satellite rx plugged in?

If it's got a satellite rx, then that must be plugged in or it won't go into bind mode. In fact, it's my understanding that they won't turn on if the satellite rx is un-plugged. Danny has said that should a satellite rx be/get un-plugged once the rx is linked, it will continue to operate until it's shut off.

Also, if you're running an AR9000 or R921 with multiple satellite rx's, they must all be plugged in or the rx will not recognize them, i.e. if you bind with one and then add a second satellite, it will not light up until you rebind the main rx with all satellite rx's hooked up.

Ask me how I discovered that one...
Zeeb - you REALLY helped me with your post here.... today I was setting up a AR 9000 with two remote rx's, replacing a AR 7000 that only had one. Need the 7000 for another project. I was pulling my hair out trying to get the 9000 to bind properly, and had not EVER before tried to bind one without at least one remote plugged in...I was binding, then adding the remote, and that was locking up the system. Lights would be on, but nobody home, no servo movement.

Finally, I read this thread, by accident, almost, and your post triggered the brain.... I really appreciate that, and I will make a special note of the "bind ONLY with all remotes connected" setup requirement. I should have known; I've had these since they were first released. Thanks again!
Old 12-08-2007, 06:01 PM
check6ii
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: touch and go

I had the same problem and called Horizon. I was not using the switch that came with the Spektrum system; I bet you aren't either. The Spektrum switch uses a battery charge wire set that has three wires instead of the usual two. Note that the bind plug is made for three wires. The rep told me the solution that worked perfectly: Unplug the battery power wire that usually plugs into the bottom of the receiver and plug it into any servo port, being sure to keep the polarity correct. Then take the bind plug and plug it into the bottom of the receiver where the battery power wire usually goes. If you do it correctly the receivers should light up just like they are supposed to and then you can bind in the usual way. Hope this helps.
WHOA! I just rec'd my new jr module and ar9000. Went to bind it, and the bind plug wouldnt plug into switch. I messed around for about .5 hr and referred to rcu and this thread. Im not using a spectrum switch, and did what you said and Im now BINDED THANKS MAN!!!!!