Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Cockeyed control stick on JR radio.

Old 04-03-2003, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cockeyed control stick on JR radio.

I have a brand new, unused JR XP 662 radio. Just today I went to use it, and noticed that the left control stick (i.e. rudder channel) is tilted inward ever so slightly (i.e. as if it were giving right rudder). It is tilted about five degrees toward the right. It doesn't seem to be causing any alignment problems with the servo as far as I can tell: I took one servo and inserted it into the rudder channel, turned the radio on, and marked the alignment of the servo. Then I took the same servo and inserted it into the elevator channel, and then the aileron channel, and in both these tries the servo aligned the same as it did in the rudder channel when the radio was turned on. Additionally, the range of motion of the servo appeared to be the same regardless of the channel to which it was inserted.

I'm not exactly sure if this is how you check to see that the channels of the radio are aligning the servos properly. It intuitively seems correct, however.

SO.....HERE'S MY QUESTION....

Is there a problem with the left control stick being tilted to the right just slightly, i.e. about 5 degrees? Or is it a totally insignificant thing?

It's a brand new radio, completely unused. I don't know if Horizon Hobby would exchange it because I've had it for a few months. I didn't notice this issue until now. Any advice?
Old 04-03-2003, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cockeyed control stick on JR radio.

You could post this at "ask Danny" if you have not already, or call Horizon Product Support, 1-877-504-0233. They are usually very helpful.