Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Tower digital servos

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 04:22 PM
mitoor/c
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower digital servos

Hi Fellows..

Could anyone tell me who makes the tower and hobbico servos and receivers. They have a good price compared to futaba and hitec. There servos are about $10 cheaper. Thanks

Robert..
Old 12-08-2007, 04:38 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tower digital servos

ORIGINAL: mitoor/c Hi Fellows.. Could anyone tell me who makes the tower and hobbico servos and receivers. They have a good price compared to futaba and hitec. There servos are about $10 cheaper. Thanks Robert..
Hobbico/Tower servos are OEM by Hitec and Futaba. Accordingly, users must make sure they use the correct horns for each model of any servo. Further information under Servo Control horn compatability
Note: The Hobbico/Tower servos OEM by Hitec cannot be programmed like the Hitec digital servos for which there is a new series and programmer HFP-20 and G2 servo details
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 12-09-2007, 12:06 AM
masonman

Futaba makes them. Notice when you buy the tower 8Ch rx, On the back the fcc i.d number is 168df, which happens to be a very good futaba rx. The older bigger 7Ch tower rx. Had a fcc code 127df. Which happens to be another really good futaba rx but its not produced anymore
Old 12-09-2007, 02:57 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: masonman Futaba makes them. Notice when you buy the tower 8Ch rx, On the back the fcc i.d number is 168df, which happens to be a very good futaba rx. The older bigger 7Ch tower rx. Had a fcc code 127df. Which happens to be another really good futaba rx but its not produced anymore
Tower Hobbies TS-160 is clearly lablled as a "Std Digital HT HS 2BB MG U Servo" http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPHD5&P=7 Definitely OEM ny Hitec ... it has a 24 tooth spline.
Tower TS-160 servo is a non programmable version of this servo: http://www.hitecrcd.com/product_file/file/4/hs5625.pdf
Please read the links and information already provided.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 12-09-2007, 11:55 AM
masonman

Hey A.T. you see anything about a servo in my prev post, or was i talking about there RX'S
Old 12-09-2007, 02:37 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: masonman Hey A.T. you see anything about a servo in my prev post, or was i talking about there RX'S
Your previous post is highlighted as being in response to mine, which was solely about the servos, and starts with the short statement. "Futaba makes them" - no mention that that comment refers to receivers - perchance another example of interpretation of the English language in different countries.
Tower Transmitters and Receivers appear to be supereseded Futaba units which are rebranded to clear excess stock of old parts/units. However, at least one rebranded Hitec micro receiver was being used a couple of years ago.
regards
Alan T.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:49 PM
mikeboyd

ORIGINAL: mitoor/c

Hi Fellows..

Could anyone tell me who makes the tower and hobbico servos and receivers. They have a good price compared to futaba and hitec. There servos are about $10 cheaper. Thanks

Robert..
Robert, I am using the 150's, which use the Futaba arms, so I assume they are made by Futaba for Tower/Hobbico. I am very happy with them and have several on mid-sized gas planes. The 170 just has to be made by Hitech, with the titanium gears and speed. I have several HT5955's and these appear to be nearly identical, except they won't take programming from my HT servo programmer. If I am using double rudder servos, I usually opt to spend more for the 5955's, as I can match these servos up with the programmer so they don't fight each other. This saves using a match box and it's added weight. Whenever I am using a single rudder servo, I like the 170, because it saves about $15 and works just a well as it Branded counterpart.

I have both the Hobbico and the Tower 150's and there doesn't appear to be any difference at all, again, ass-u-m-ing they come off the Futaba production line.

Cheers,
Mike Boyd
Old 12-10-2007, 12:48 AM
mitoor/c
My Feedback: (7)

Thanks Mike, i will try the 170's and see how they do. I appreciate all the help.

Robert..