Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

dots on crystal

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2002, 06:41 AM
flmgrip
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dots on crystal

hi

there are three dots below the channel number on the crystals, one of them is black. what is the meaning of that?

thanks
Old 03-03-2002, 06:59 AM
bvmjethead
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dots on crystal

I talked to Shane @ Horizon, he is the customer service manager there. He told me that before narrow band regulations these dots showed where the crystals were tuned, left of center or right of center corresponding with the right and left dots. But he said the dots don't mean a thing anymore and that I should not worry myself about them. I explained that I was finishing up my Hangar 9 Cap 232 and that would be in excess of $3000.00 when finished and that I was really concerned about having the finest radio transmission and reception possible. He said that with a JR 10 SXII and the 950 S reciever I already had the best. I believe him and am no longer worried about where the dots are.

Scott