Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Jr Radio Channels

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 01:48 AM
hammer 50
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jr Radio Channels

I just bought a new 662 transmitter to replace a 400&421.Can I leave my current crystals in the rx and swap the tx crystals to the channel I want to use? Some are channel 53,31 and the new transmitter is on 56.
Thanks
Old 04-07-2003, 02:39 AM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

This is illegal in the US, (but it will work OK)
Old 04-07-2003, 01:43 PM
strato911

Hammer 50 - In North America it is illegal to change transmitter crystals without sending the radio in for re-tuning. It is legal to change receiver crystals. The fines if caught are very high, so I suggest you either change the receiver crystals, or if you really want to change to a different channel, send the transmitter in to a service center for re-tuning with the new crystal.

Click here to download a PDF copy of the FCC regulations from the FCC's FTP site. read regulations 95.222 and 95.645 carefully.

The fines are as follows:
§ 95.218 (R/C Rule 18) What are the penalties for violating these rules?
(a) If the FCC finds that you have willfully or repeatedly violated the Communications Act or the FCC Rules, you may have to pay as much as $10,000 for each violation, up to a total of $75,000. (See Section 503(b) of the Communications Act.)
(b) If the FCC finds that you have violated any section of the Communications Act or the FCC Rules, you may be ordered to stop whatever action caused the violation. (See section 312(b) of the Communications Act.)
(c) If a federal court finds that you have willfully and knowingly violated any FCC Rule, you may be fined up to $500 for each day you committed the violation. (See section 502 of the Communications Act.)
(d) If a Federal court finds that you have willfully and knowingly violated any provision of the Communications Act, you may be fined up to $10,000, or you may be imprisoned for one year, or both. (See section 501 of the Communications Act.)