Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

futaba FP-7UAF SUPER

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 09:48 PM
timothy thompson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba FP-7UAF SUPER

hi i have one of these it was bought at an estate sale for 100. everything works i will change to new packs. Got an antenna question though. Nowhere in the manual is this mentioned. Im most radios the antenna screwed into a lug tightly. this antenna stores full down in the tx and you hear a click when you pull it up. i took the back off and saw that a socket bolt holds it on but it floats freely. the radio ranges fine and the servos work fine even off the old batts. I has a snap roll switch so its gotta be from 91 or 90. You can tell it was never used as the protective film was on the radio.
anyone remeber if the antenna retraction is normal. the manual show the antenna fully retracted.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52090.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	830335   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19705.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	830336  
Old 12-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Chasing Fear

Default RE: futaba FP-7UAF SUPER

Timothy,

I have a 7UGFS (Sailplane version of the UAFS) sitting here that I bought in 1993 ... it does exactly what you describe. The antenna rotates freely and when the largest segment is fully extended, it "pops" into place. The radio works fine for me as well, so I am pretty sure that is normal for these radios.

-Allan
Old 12-20-2007, 10:42 PM
timothy thompson

thanks so much. it feels weird owning it as it belonged to a dead guy and was never opened up. i hooked up the charger and 2 hrs later it all works! im charging overnight and testing how long the tx batt lasts. the rx is going to go as it only 500mah
Old 12-21-2007, 01:58 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: timothy thompson hi i have one of these it was bought at an estate sale for 100. everything works i will change to new packs. Got an antenna question though. Nowhere in the manual is this mentioned. Im most radios the antenna screwed into a lug tightly. this antenna stores full down in the tx and you hear a click when you pull it up. i took the back off and saw that a socket bolt holds it on but it floats freely. the radio ranges fine and the servos work fine even off the old batts. I has a snap roll switch so its gotta be from 91 or 90. You can tell it was never used as the protective film was on the radio. anyone remeber if the antenna retraction is normal. the manual show the antenna fully retracted.
Antenna retraction is standard that unit. However, many of those old transmitters now suffer from intermittant loss of signal or range due to dirty contact shoes (sliders) which grip the base of the antenna as it is extended into the locked position. Refer:
Range Problem - Transmitter Antenna cleaning
Futaba 7UAF-S Manual
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 12-21-2007, 02:54 PM
timothy thompson

thanks this radio was opened by me it was still factory sealed and the tx batt has been on for 40 min and working great im using a 6v 3000mah rx pack. also just got the electrifly pby and am using a old 4 channel futaba i first learned on need a x-tal thats all