Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

anyone know what's up with RD8000?

Old 04-08-2003, 01:10 AM
Piesek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone know what's up with RD8000?

I was wondering what's up with the Airtronics rd8000 radios, its hard to find it online, for example tower hobbies don't have it, not even on the airtronics web site they don't sell them.

is there something wrong with it, or are they so good that there is such a great demand for them?

thank you
Old 04-08-2003, 07:26 PM
ShempHoward
My Feedback: (3)

To date they are in very limited supply but that should be resolved quite soon as more are on the way to retailers.
Old 04-10-2003, 03:11 AM
Swat Cop
My Feedback: (11)

Default RD8000

I called Airtronics last week and found out there was a problem (don't know what it was) and all the new RD8000's were recalled and they are not shipping them until the problem is fixed. Airtronics said they should be shipping in about three to four weeks.
Old 04-11-2003, 03:06 AM
controlmech

I had an RD8000 on order and did receive it. Less than a week later I was contacted by Airtronics and notified there was a recall. They tracked me down through the dealer and called me directly. I was given the information on the recall and the details on where to return my system and was told I would be contacted when Airtronics had the components ready to resolve the issue. I received a phone call yesterday from Airtronics and will be sending my system in next week.
The issue was with the split elevator servo function not working properly in MODE I or II, whichever the one we fly with here in the states.
While I wish the recall hadn't happened, Airtronics was very prompt in contacting me about the problem and appears to be going the extra mile to make it right.
Old 04-11-2003, 03:14 AM
Swat Cop
My Feedback: (11)

Default Airtronics RD8000

Did you get a chance to use it before they recalled it? Just to clarify this radio can be switched back and forth between PPM and Pcm for different models correct?
Old 04-11-2003, 03:33 AM
controlmech

I had an RD8000 on order and did receive it. Less than a week later I was contacted by Airtronics and notified there was a recall. They tracked me down through the dealer and called me directly. I was given the information on the recall and the details on where to return my system and was told I would be contacted when Airtronics had the components ready to resolve the issue. I received a phone call yesterday from Airtronics and will be sending my system in next week.
The issue was with the split elevator servo function not working properly in MODE I or II, whichever the one we fly with here in the states.
While I wish the recall hadn't happened, Airtronics was very prompt in contacting me about the problem and appears to be going the extra mile to make it right.
Old 04-13-2003, 04:28 PM
controlmech

I'll post the turn-around time.

Yes, the radio does switch between PCM and PPM. I have an Infinity 660 on Ch13* that I have 3 Rx's for, 2 ppm and 1 pcm. The RD gets me two more channels for my Patriot (thr, R & L elev, R & L aileron, flaps, rudder, & retracts. The only thing I miss from the Infinity is the 2 assignable proportional knobs.

*I know its bad luck, but you don't hardly ever have to wait for the pin to free up
Old 05-27-2003, 04:19 AM
controlmech

OK. I sent in my RD8000 for the recall fix, FEDEX ground. I got it back in a week. Still flying Airtronics!!