Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR & Hitec

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 02:28 AM
Turn&Burn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR & Hitec

Will a JR fm receiver work with the Hitec 3D radio? Or will I run into a frequency shift problem.....If so do I use a hitec crystal or will a JR crystal on the same frequency as the hitec radio work ??
Old 04-08-2003, 03:10 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default JR & Hitec

Just checked the Hitec 3D brochure which is an older one (2001), shift selectability is not listed as a feature which means the Tx is only compatable with negative shift receivers such as futaba and Hitec negative shift receivers of course. JR Rx's being positive shift would not be compatable. If your Tx is newer and shift selectability has been incorporated then all FM Rx's are compatable. Check your manual for this feature.

Irreguardless of what mix and match in Rx's you use always use the same brand crystal in the Rx as the Rx is, never mix and match crystal brands Not all crystals are the same.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:11 PM
Turn&Burn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR & Hitec

Cool thanks man, I have not bought the 3D yet I just wanted to know if it would work..... I have 4 jr 3 ch. receivers....Now do the newer 3D's have frequency shift??? The reason for this is that I need more than 3 model programming, I have 4 cars and 2 boats.....the 3d will do 10 models at a decent price and it looks cool too..... I think I will get it anyway, and just sell the XR3 trans, and 4 receivers.....And just buy all hitech receivers.......I would just like to avoid an azz chewing from my wife.....