Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

My Specktrum Story

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Specktrum Story

Well I finally got some nice weather today to try out my new 9303 2.4. Everything went about as good as it can get. Flew 8 flights with my 50cc Yak and the most fades the logger registered was 5. the first 5 flights were all zeros across the board. The last few flights I took the plane up as high as I could see and thats when I got some fades.

Now--this is 100% true. The reason I went to 2.4 is the same as everyone else. While I was flying a newbie pulled up and started setting up his trainer. I hear him start the motor check his controls etc. I then landed and we started talking---I look at the flag on his tx and its ch13---No big deal right ? Except that was the channel my Yak USED TO BE on!!! No kidding!!! THAT is why I went to 2.4!!! No doubt I woulda came home with a bag of parts!
Old 12-28-2007, 01:53 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: My Specktrum Story

Did he look at the board first? did he ask you what channel you where on? If not did you give him what for for not doing it. Lastly did you offer to help him buy a 2.4 radio?. And people still ask "why" Dennis
Old 12-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Where I fly is in a rural area--not a formal club so the only frequency control is by common sense...thus the reason why I switched over to 2.4! In the past I would make it a point to ask anyone rolling up what channel they were using. Most of the regular guys ask but you have newbies that come in and out. When I explained to the guy what COULD have happened he was pretty upset about it. Thats good because that way he will remember the next time.[8D]
Old 12-28-2007, 02:49 PM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

I heard of one new club that was going to fly within the 3 mile limit that the AMA set. They went 2.4 only. If you want to be a member you have to fly 2.4 Dennis
Old 12-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

Well I finally got some nice weather today to try out my new 9303 2.4. Everything went about as good as it can get. Flew 8 flights with my 50cc Yak and the most fades the logger registered was 5. the first 5 flights were all zeros across the board. The last few flights I took the plane up as high as I could see and thats when I got some fades.

Now--this is 100% true. The reason I went to 2.4 is the same as everyone else. While I was flying a newbie pulled up and started setting up his trainer. I hear him start the motor check his controls etc. I then landed and we started talking---I look at the flag on his tx and its ch13---No big deal right ? Except that was the channel my Yak USED TO BE on!!! No kidding!!! THAT is why I went to 2.4!!! No doubt I woulda came home with a bag of parts!
And the audience gasped...... then CHEERED!!!!!
Hurray for a radio manufacturer finally taking responsibility to prevent nitwits and idiots from harming themselves and each other!!!!!!!!!
I moved to the DX 7 (actually the 6, although it was "illegal") as soon as they came to market because I *** was *** shot down at a local field where there are only 3 fliers - max - ever.
You better believe I was a "first adopter" of the 2.4, and that it has saved me more than once since..... yea boy!!!!!!

Good for you, Josey!!!!!! That is a GREAT "maiden" report. I'm happy you shared your tale!!!!!!!!