Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

just getting back into the air

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 10:23 AM
mongorex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just getting back into the air

hi im just geting back into the air after a 15 year break and im looking for some advice on the new radio equiptmant im looking at the 7ch 2.4 futaba and im building a 1/4 scale balsa usa cub it calls for something like 60-90 in oz torque servos and the digital servos that you can get with the radio packege are in the low end of that range so should i get them or should i get ones that are rated higher then the recomended range to be safe and if so witch ones? there have been so many advances in the hobby its a little overwelming but i want to do it right the first time so any advice whould be greatly apreciated also is this a good choice of a radio to use in few diffrent planes or should i stick with 72 mhz all my old stuf is not goldlabled except for one airtronics vanguard 6 fm so i kind of need to start over but id like to know if i can use the old servos with the new stuf if i change the plugs
Old 01-03-2008, 10:41 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: just getting back into the air

Your old Airtroncs servos may be the old plug style, if that is that case they can't be used. Look at the JR 126 sport servo. At 6v they have 140oz. Only $35. Both the JR Spektrum and Futaba 2.4 are good picks. You can change the plugs, but thats a lot of work. I have a LHS and if you want to talk I can send you my phone number. There's a lot of new new stuff to learn. Welcome back in. Dennis
Old 01-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Foamaholic
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: just getting back into the air

I wouldn't trust old servos. If one fails there goes the whole works.