Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Major Glitch in a Futaba SS system!!

Old 01-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Major Glitch in a Futaba SS system!!

Video will prove nothing, as one could argue they simply bound both RX to that TX.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:05 PM
summerwind

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Deadeye

Video will prove nothing, as one could argue they simply bound both RX to that TX.
you need to pay attention, or actually read the original post before spewing......................it was claimed that 2 different Tx's operated the same Rx. Video would certainly provide proof.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:31 PM
altavillan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I reading it right. There were a total of 3 transmiters and 3 recievers and one of the transmiters could affect all three recievers Two transmiters affected two recievers. Did the third transmiter affect the first two recievers?
Old 01-06-2008, 01:48 PM
summerwind

ORIGINAL: altavillan

Am I reading it right. There were a total of 3 transmiters and 3 recievers and one of the transmiters could affect all three recievers Two transmiters affected two recievers. Did the third transmiter affect the first two recievers?
NO, there were 6 transmitters, 5.5 Rx's and 7 planes all operated from someone else's Tx..................
Old 01-06-2008, 02:01 PM
altavillan

Please re-read your previous post. Since I have two weeks using a 7c FASST and am planning to visit the Mather Field site in the next two weeks where there are probably going to be a bunch of 2.4 users I want to know all I can.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:04 PM
NdFrSpeed

Seems a little fishy to me,,im betting were only getting half the story,,did someone tamper with Tx,,like trying to boost the power,,,,theres something going on someobodys not talking
Old 01-06-2008, 02:09 PM
summerwind

ORIGINAL: altavillan

Please re-read your previous post. Since I have two weeks using a 7c FASST and am planning to visit the Mather Field site in the next two weeks where there are probably going to be a bunch of 2.4 users I want to know all I can.
please read the opening post then.............none of us will know anything until Moodier (remember, the opening post, page 1, first post at the top) provides some proof.
we all know the technology, and quite frankly, find this to be a bit bizzare condisering that Futaba's FASST system doesn't stay on one frequency for more than 2 miliseconds.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:15 PM
dragoonpvw
My Feedback: (7)

So you are saying that the problem was with the crashed receiver??
Old 01-06-2008, 02:38 PM
tkilwein

I got 3+ total hours of ROCK solid flight time in this morning on my 14mz-2.4 and the only thing is at normal power and very close to the RX the servos chatter some. when moved 3ft away it goes away. Talk about cold 28F, windy and snowing! I flew inside the truck with the heater on while up and moved outside to the runway to takeoff and land. No long antenna to worry about.

Using two planes shown in pictures. Two hours in glider and 1 hour in Banchee.

The white in the second picture is snow. In a few flights the snow was really coming down and the glider was as high as I could see it.
The snow is a obsiticle to 2.4GHz, this added a little more signal reduction and still rock solid.

I to am waiting to see the results of this tread for the two TX's controlling a RX.

[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81361.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	843919   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47358.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	843920   Click image for larger version

Name:	In27900.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	843921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo35164.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	843922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bm75663.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	843923   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zq96321.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	843924  
Old 01-06-2008, 02:42 PM
DougV

Guys:

I think frequency hopping is one thing, binding the rx and tx is another.

From Futaba:
Dual antenna diversity enables FASST system to automatically and
seamlessly select the best reception between the two antennas
built into the receiver ensuring that the aircraft stays under
constant control of transmitter regardless of altitude
Pre-Vision Packet Screening technology scans incoming data for
potential problems and applies sophisticated error correction
techniques for solid impenetrable link with model
Easy Link system features a unique ID code in the transmitter that
links to the receiver insuring that receiver only follows commands
from this transmitter-with over 134 million possible codes there
is no chance for a conflict

Regards,
Doug.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:03 PM
tkilwein

A trim issue from model to model is all I am aware of at this time and that is in SW and fixed soon I hope in the next release next week??.
I am going to wait until the next release before I get my undies in a bunch over SW issues.
Futaba said there was SW changes they are working on.
I will wait and see, in the mean time I just retrim each model after a model change.

In the mean time I get to hammer the HW out and it is looking good from my experiences so far, but that is limited to just over 3hrs of flight time (in the air) so far.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:27 PM
bruce88123

ORIGINAL: dragoonpvw

So you are saying that the problem was with the crashed receiver??
I thinks it's been determined that the ACTUAL problem/cause is unknown IF it exists at all.

The equipment needs to be examined by professional radio technicians in a reliable shop.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Flying Geezer
My Feedback: (14)

How about at least posting a picture of the two TX,s and the crashed plane?
Old 01-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Edbaker
My Feedback: (44)

Would it be posible to bind two Tx's to one Rx? If so that could explan it.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:11 PM
bruce88123

ORIGINAL: Edbaker

Would it be posible to bind two Tx's to one Rx? If so that could explan it.
Not supposed to be able to do this. You can bind any Rx to any Tx but only one at a time per Futaba. You can bind 2 RX's to a single TX though and this is intentional.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:40 PM
cneufeld

Hi All

I was the owner of the plane that went in(aeroworks extra 260 50cc) this airplane had been flying fine with a 14mz and pcm for several weeks. I got tired of waiting for the tm-14 module so I purchased the 7C fasst system and two extra rx(617's). I installed one in the 260 and one in a Yak 54 50cc and flew them both for a couple weeks with no problems at all. Last Thursday I was flying the Extra when suddenly I no longer had any control and went in. I went out to retrieve the pieces and put them on the table to check out and try to find out happened. The servos that were still good were working and the green led was on in the receiver,then a fellow a few tables over hollered "hey you are operating my receiver" I looked over there and sure enough I was operating his receiver. I then had him turn on his transmitter
and both receivers stopped working with just some erratic movement of the servos. I turned my tx off and his tx operated both planes and yes both green led's were on and as I remember both receiver led's were on when both transmitters were on. This other fellow had just gotten his new 6ex fasst system and turned it on while I was flying to do a ground check and that's when I went down. I tried another test by linking my 7c to another plane out there and it operated it fine,I then turned off my tx and had the 6ex turn on without relinking and it also worked fine(of course some of channel asignments were different).

I had been in the electronics field for about 40 years before retiring 10 years ago. My conclusions are that my 7C and this fellows 6EX had the same ID in the transmitters. they is no other explanation that makes any sense. As for the frequency hopping, so what, all it is looking for is the correct ID then decode the following frames , then it will hop merrily along until it decodes the next correct ID, the poor servos don't know any different they just try to react to whatever is fed to them.

I am not trying to bash Futaba, I like there equipment and will continue to use it (14MZ and pcm for now).

I hope this might help clarify some of the post above

Thanks

Old 01-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Flying Geezer

Excluding receiver damage on both receivers. It appears to me that both transmitters would have to be transmitting the same ID.

I am strickly speculating when I say this. If the chips in the TXs that provide the IDs are hand programmed sequentialy, it is entirely possible that a technician doing the programming, failed to advance the numbers once during the process. This would explain two TXs with the same ID.

Having said that, what are the odds of those two chips winding up in TXs at the same flying site. WOW!
Old 01-07-2008, 04:18 PM
cneufeld

I think you are right but I also think that some were along the line somebody at Futaba had to assign a starting group ID's to each product branch, so what if they could have been duplicated between
6EX and 7C. still I guess no big deal since these units are shipped all over the country until some future time when some of them are crossing path's as people travel around the country(just speculating)
Old 01-07-2008, 04:21 PM
XJet
Banned

ORIGINAL: Flying Geezer

Excluding receiver damage on both receivers. It appears to me that both transmitters would have to be transmitting the same ID.

I am strickly speculating when I say this. If the chips in the TXs that provide the IDs are hand programmed sequentialy, it is entirely possible that a technician doing the programming, failed to advance the numbers once during the process. This would explain two TXs with the same ID.

Having said that, what are the odds of those two chips winding up in TXs at the same flying site. WOW!
Unless -- and this is even more frightening -- they re-started the sequencing of the TX ID numbers when they started shipping the 7C/2.4 -- which could mean that for every 7C there's also a 6EX with the same transmitter ID (shudder).

The chances of a doppleganger pair turning up at the same field are remote -- but (as we may have already seen) not totally impossible.

It will be very interesting to see what Futaba say about this.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:29 PM
cneufeld

You can read some of the Futaba responses on the Manufacturers forum under the same heading
Old 01-07-2008, 04:31 PM
bruce88123

[quote]ORIGINAL: XJet

ORIGINAL: Flying Geezer

The chances of a doppleganger pair turning up at the same field are remote -- but (as we may have already seen) not totally impossible.

It will be very interesting to see what Futaba say about this.
Still making unproven assumptions IMO that the codes are the same. Need to wait until Futaba has had their say in this.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Flying Geezer

Your seem to be attributing XJET's comment to me Bruce. And in my post I am not assuming, as written in the post, speculating. Lighten up!
Old 01-07-2008, 05:25 PM
bruce88123

Yeah, I screwed up the quote. Sorry about that.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Julez

Hi!

I remembered faintly that I have already read something here about strange things happening with Fassts ID code. I searched and found what I remembered:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=6317205

Although I doubt that the problem mentioned in the thread has something to do with the depleted battery, I never experienced having to rebind any of my 7 Fasst recievers.
Seems a little strange, this whole thing...
Old 01-07-2008, 07:20 PM
mlesher

I have another bigger problem with the Futaba system. I just found out the 606 receiver is no longer being made. I bougth this system over the JR Spectrum because I have more than one plane and the receivers for the Futaba were $30 less than the Spectrum at my local hobby shop. Now Futaba has decided to quit makeing the 6 channel receiver so if I want another plane to work with my radio I have to buy a $99 receiver which is $20 more than the JR would have been. I would not recomend their radio anymore as what is to stop the from quitting this receiver next when they come out with a 10 or 12 channel and charge us $3oo for a receiver. This radio is only 6 months old and was their best 2.4 when I bought it. I am going to see a lawyer about a class action lawsuit against Futaba. Anyone who bought this radio package should receive a full refund for their equipment or get a full value credit towards a 7 channel radio if we have to buy the 7 channel receiver.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.