Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Don't you hate when stuff like this happens

Old 01-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Cambo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't you hate when stuff like this happens

Friday afternoon a family member accidently knocked over my brand new DX-7 that i had recieved for christmas. At first it looked fine but then i realized that the idle hold (right switch) was pushed into the case. HRRRRRRR[:@]. I open up the case and it all apears fine but the switch box had fallen off of its mount. After i finally got the thing back in i realized the switch is so loose that it barrely holds the position it is in. It electroncially still works but if i bump it the engine will turn off. I can't fly my heli like this so i have to send it back. HRRRRR[:@]. I sent it priority saturday morning so hopefully it will get there monday or tuesday. What is the turn around time for these things? I am planning on calling them to see if they will ship it back using fedex.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:17 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Don't you hate when stuff like this happens

It's a shame when things like that happen. I make a point of NEVER leaving my TX standing up or near the edge of a table. If it's already laying down it can't fall down. A habit you will now get into I'm sure.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:40 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took my nephew out one morning to fly. He was bent on helping carry the stuff to the pits. Well, he carried the fuse accros the parking lot just fine. Unfortunately he didn't think about the other half of the model as he went thru the fence gate. Tore the model in half right there. He felt worse than I did. I would have paid for a new model right there since we didn't have another plane for him to even see fly. All our time only to load a broken model back in the truck without a flight. Poor kid.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Cambo
My Feedback: (2)

I almost always keep it away from the edge. There were 3 other transmitters that i could have cared less if they fell. Ofcourse, the DX-7 fall.

What is the turnaround from horizon?
Old 01-13-2008, 10:39 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Cambo

What is the turnaround from horizon?
I've heard it's quite good. Of course it will vary some depending on their varying workload I'm sure. First in - first out, assuming parts on hand.

They'll probably ship it back FedEx or Express Mail if you ask in time. Make that call to them ASAP.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:47 AM
ishangupta77

i have a spektrum 5 channel radio which igot with my blade cx2.is that compatible with an rc airplane.if so please tell me how