Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec receivers Fut/Air

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 01:28 PM
npereira

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec receivers Fut/Air

I have purchased a Hitec 555 Receiver on eBay but it's a Futaba and I have a Airtronics.

What is the difference between the 2?

Is it only how the pins are assigned, or is there a circuitry difference also?
Old 04-14-2003, 02:40 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

NP, The difference is the polarity shift. In the US, Futaba/Hitec use negative shift and Airtronics/JR use positive shift. Hitec makes transmitters which are shift selectable so it could use either type. Otherwise, though, you cannot use it with your Airtronics unless they have a shift selectable radio I'm just not aware of.
Old 04-14-2003, 05:04 PM
aksmithrc
My Feedback: (2)

Some of the Airtronics computer transmitters are shift-selectable. The Airtronics Stylus (I use one all the time) is shift-selectable. Perhaps the RD 600 / 6000 and RD 8000 are also (this would be found in the menu under "modulation". The Vanguards, VG series, and Infinity series are not shift selectable; I don't believe the Quantum series was shift-selectable either..