Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Corona Receivers...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Gyroguru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Corona Receivers...

tina0506

I have JR XP7202 which I would like to convert to 2.4. This radio does not use module so I would have to mount the module inside the radio.

Which module will work with JR XP7202 ? The Corona JR or Futaba ?

I found this French website and after translating in Google, it said the JR would not work and he used Futaba and had to convert the PPM to make it work.

Thanks.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:26 PM
tina0506

Hey Gyroguru ,

Thank you so much for supporting of Corona's 2.4Ghz !

Frankly speaking JR and Futaba's Phase is contrary , so we have both JR and Fubata Module . our 2.4Ghz Futaba Version is PPM Phase .
Would you please show me the picture of JR XP7202's PPM Signal performace(Phase) , then we will let you know if our 2.4GHz Futaba Version can work with This module or not .

Enjoy flying !

Tina

Thank you so much !
Old 11-11-2008, 03:21 AM
tina0506

" purchased a single conversion 6 channel rcvr(version2) with crystal about 3 weeks ago from headsup rc and have been flying it in a 3D profile electric plane with no problems whatsoever. I know that someone was asking if these rcvrs would do in a gasser, I cant answer that, but Ive been happy with mine, ... no glitches, range is as far as I can see to fly, and its lightweight also.
Just my .02,
John "

Hi John , Thanks for supproting of Corona RC ! you can try to use 6CH (Version2) in Gasser , our engineer have tested it in 26CC Gasser it works nice . you can start from Small size Gasser , to be safe befor flying you can test on the ground .

Enjoy Flying !

Tina
Old 11-11-2008, 09:08 AM
qwerty3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How have the 2.4GHz modules worked - anyone using them? The price is very attractive, and there's a dealer in my area that stocks them. I'm running Futaba stuff, so would be interested in those conversions especially.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:51 PM
KCLC

I've bought two of the RP8D1 receivers from United Hobbies, and have been playing with them the last month. They are tiny. Getting them to latch up to my FM Art TEch TX went off without a hitch. I've ground tested up to 100 ft away with my antenna retracted and the receiver coiled. I haven't been able to activate the failsafe mode however. I probably need to spend more time to get that feature to work. When I get the failsafe to activate, I'll go flying with them. Oh, that antenna wire seems awfully fragile. Small size is tough for big fingers to hook up servos easily.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:00 PM
dlahner

Hi Tina

Will the module work on th JR 2610 transmitter?
Old 11-11-2008, 03:02 PM
XJet
Banned

ORIGINAL: KCLC

I've bought two of the RP8D1 receivers from United Hobbies, and have been playing with them the last month. They are tiny. Getting them to latch up to my FM Art TEch TX went off without a hitch. I've ground tested up to 100 ft away with my antenna retracted and the receiver coiled. I haven't been able to activate the failsafe mode however. I probably need to spend more time to get that feature to work. When I get the failsafe to activate, I'll go flying with them. Oh, that antenna wire seems awfully fragile. Small size is tough for big fingers to hook up servos easily.
The receiver wire *is* very fragile so be very careful not to stress it in any way. I generally replace the wire in my receivers with something more robust.

As far as I'm aware, the failsafe isn't actually implemented in these receivers it was a planned feature that simply never eventuated. When there's a signal loss you simply get last-position hold (I'm not sure for how long on the latest versions).

The crystal-controlled dual-conversion Corona receivers are an extremely good product and in our club we have well over a dozen of these units that have given trouble-free performance.

Just be careful to make sure you tape the crystal in the only failure we've had was when the crystal vibrated out of a Corona.

So far the results with the synth receivers seem to be a lot more patchy.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:10 PM
tina0506

"Will the module work on th JR 2610 transmitter? "

Hey dlahner ,
Thank you for supporting of Corona RC !
JR2610 - this Transmitter without removable Module . Please make sure the JR2610 have the same PPM Phase with 9XII then you can mount the Corona 2.4Ghz module inside the radio . You can have a try .

Enjoy flying !

Tina
Old 11-12-2008, 01:41 AM
tina0506

Hey Xjet ,

Yeah the Wire is fragile to make sure the receiver is light enough we use Thin and Fragile Wire if needed you can change to somthing more Robust . and if some users like the Thick Wire we will use Thick Wire on the products that you ordered .

For Failsafe - it should be work when get Signal loss , if you have the experience in signal loss ? show me your experience in details . Please send message to my mail box if possible .

Crystal Receivers - Yeah Many users from many countries like it . it's really make name for Corona I think .

Enjoy Flying !

Tina
Old 11-13-2008, 05:56 PM
THYKKO

I just received a 2.4 GHz CORONA module and receiver, and installation in a FUTABA 9CAP was very easy. No problems with the setup of the 8 ch receiver either . When I performed a ground distance test, the reception stopped at 300m, with the receiver 1m from the ground and transmitter on my hands . I ask Tina if this is normal or not. Another question is about the use of the system in gas planes, with 50cc engines. Is the receiver able to work in gas planes? Is the receiver strong enough to withstand the vibrations ? Have the system been tested under these conditions ? If anyone have any answers , please help me!!
Old 12-01-2008, 03:33 PM
flyboyron

Am thinking of using the Corona 2.4g module system in a Futaba super-8 tx probably with several receivers in several a/c mostly 4-stk glow possibly some gas. Would appreciate some comments from people with experience with this equipment as to what I might expect and the degree of succes or frustration to expect.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:33 AM
SRimer

I have been using the Corona 2.4 set from hobby city for month now, no problems at all, I get a few hundred feets on the ground test.
binding was easy as well.
My question is, how much current can I pass thru this little receiver, can i plug eight digital servos?
Old 12-11-2008, 07:48 AM
THYKKO

I'm flying two planes with the corona 2.4 Ghz , one is an old ugly stick with a .90 glow egine and the other a funfly whith a .45 YS glow engine. No problems up to now, both airplanes whith five standard servos( futaba 148 and hitec 525).
I ask if someone else is flying with more servos and stronger engines , more vibrations , larger airframes with gassers etc. Thanks.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Milcent

i bought one month ago a set including a 2,4Ghz TX for Futaba and one receiver 2,GHz. It is written DSSS, this is the version 1 as i understand. It seems that the version 2 is FHSS, is it right ?
So if i want more receiver should i change the transmetter also ? Or a version 2 receiver can work with a version 1 TX ?
By the way i used the Tx in my FF9 Super and it is working very fine. I need more receiver in 2,4 Ghz. I also use Corona cristal based RX, 4, 6 and 8 channels, i am very happy with them.

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:19 AM
vanputter

I have been using a Corona 2.4 GHz module in an old Futaba 9VAP transmitter with the matching receiver in a GWS Beaver for about a month with good success. However, I have had two of the combinations returned to me (I am a dealer) because they malfunctioned. The symptom was that the rudder channel started working erratically, then stopped working. Further testing resulted in all channels not working. Continued testing showed that the receiver could be made to function by moving the servo connectors (bad solder joint?). This was repeated with the second receiver. Both of these module/receiver combinations are from the latest batch from B.P. Hobbies. I'm suspicious of a quality control problem at the Corona factory. I wonder how many more cases like this are out there.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:40 PM
dnkehl

I figured this one out. Finally looked at another rx and just used those connections

Can someone please tell me what to plug into what plug 1 thru 6 on my rp6s1 synthesized receiver. I did read that different receivers use different numbers for different things. For instance some might use plug 1 for throttle and another might use plug 1 for batt/acc. I have done a couple of searches and can't find what I'm looking for. Hope I am explaining this correctly.

Thanks,

Old 01-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Todd D
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been using one of the Corona Synthesized. 4 channel single conversion receivers for over a month in a Shock Flier. We fly in a golf dome here in WI in the winter and freqs can bounce around in there pretty good. I've had troubles with Hi-tec micros with a crystal glitching all over the place. This Corona RX is very good. Only an occasional glitch during flights, the glitchs are very minor. For the cost, size and weight I couldn't be happier.

I'll be interested to hear how the 2.4 ghz modules work out when more get in service. Lets keep this discussion going for the Corona 2.4!

Thanks,

Old 01-14-2009, 03:39 AM
freeair

ORIGINAL: av8tor1977

Me again... Once again, does anyone know if these Corona receivers are suitable for use in 1/4 scale gas powered aircraft??

Thanks,
AV8TOR
i was told to only use Corona receivers in electric power craft. they are cheap as so what would you expect and you should not even think about using one of these receivers in a large model such as 1/4 scale etc, just asking for disaster.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Gyroguru

Tina, the pictures show the PPM signal of my JR631 transmitter. The JR631 does not have seperate module.

I am thinking about the converting the corona module and use it in my JR631.

Can I use Corona 2.4Ghz JR Module & Rx (FHSS) or Corona 2.4Ghz Futaba Module & Rx (FHSS) ?

Which one do I need ?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57709.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	1116979   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38949.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	1116980   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns43856.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1116981   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zs51156.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	1116982  
Old 02-03-2009, 04:12 AM
DrGsi
My Feedback: (7)

For clarification, the Corona V1 are FHSS while corona V2 are DSSS . There are Futaba and JR (TX) modules of both. I bought two Futaba v1 FHSS Modules and one Futaba DSS module V2. One used v1 on 9CAP and v1,v2 on HiTEC Eclipse . All working flawlessly . The issue with V1 modules is that you have to bind all receivers (to be used with a specific module) at the same time when putting the TX module in binding mode; otherwise , each time you use a different (receiver/model) you need to re-bind both . This is a real pain but offset by the 59$ cost of the (TX/RX module combo and 22$ 8Ch receiver price) along with great performance. I have sent the FHSS Futaba Combo to be tested at one of my friends wireless communication Labs (I am NOT a technical RF guy ) , What he said is that the Frequency hopping works very well and stayed bound even at high baseline noise and short latency . I did not understand it well but for some of the technical oriented guys , i hope this sounds good. The initial FHSS receivers came with two antennas but later came with one antenna, both are working flawlessly. My field experience is that I used it simultaneously with my friends running their JR Spektrums and Futaba FHSS radios without a problem on mine or their planes. I deliberately sent my Electric plane out of sight vertically and as much as possible (within sight of course) in the horizon without any glitches noticed ( I guess may need a sophisticated Seagull system to check for glitch counts ) . However, all that said I am the proud owner of these systems along with 10 receivers on Nitro and electric helis and 64 mm EDF plane and a FUNJET , an electric 3D 40 in plane and a 90 mm EDF plane. All doing very well so far for the past 2 months. Hope to hear more about these . Hope that helps .
Old 02-27-2009, 02:58 PM
SRimer

I have received a defective 2.4 receiver from hobby city, i sent it back, just like Tina0506 from corona advised me, but they didn't send me a new one back, like it is stated at tina's email, but rather they sent a repaired one, Tina? any way you can stand behind your word?
Old 02-28-2009, 08:26 AM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: tina0506

Corona is Concerning about the Quality and Aftersale service . No matter what kind of Defective receivers you got please send back to the Dealer or if you want please send back to the factory . Corona will send you more Receiver if you can find one Defective receivers that shipt by Sep ,2008 .

Thanks for your post.... I will be trying these receivers for the first time soon... on order now... thanks... and good luck...
Old 03-11-2009, 04:13 AM
dcwebaccount

see this guy upgrade his futaba 2pl 2 channel ppm system with corona 2.4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiAmBP84YPM
Old 03-11-2009, 09:12 AM
dcwebaccount

how to upgrade ppm system to 2.4g ....

http://blog.quantifly.com/?p=12
Old 03-28-2009, 06:18 PM
finley cannon

dear sir/madam:

I have purchased a RP6D1 from Hobby City, the first one received had problems locking on, and once it was locked on I had a range of about 10 feet. The unit was sent back to Hobby City and returned in a reasonable length of time. The second receiver locked on immeditely, but had no range as the first one, about 10 feet. I have used two types of JR transmitters, a 10sx and a 8103. One on channel 50 and the other on 18. I have tried them on both a 4.8 and 6.0 volts and thru an ecu. What is the problem? has anyone else had a problem? I have been at this RC business about 50 years and know I still have a lot to learn. HELP

Try me at [email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.