Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Servos

Old 01-28-2008, 08:00 PM
RHarding
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servos

What can someone tell me about the Futaba S5101 servo. I found out that Futaba discontinued it about 2000, but don't know why. I have the opportunity to buy 6 of them new in the original plastic bubble for half of what they sold for new. The specs indicate that it would be a decent mid-range servo but if it was discontinued because of a problem, I'll pass. Can anyone help? Also the S133 micro. Same deal.

Thanks,

Richard
Old 01-28-2008, 08:36 PM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Servos

No known problems with the S5101's. Most likely replaced as newer technology became available or old parts became unavailable.

Nothing known about the S133's.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:03 AM
ronwc
My Feedback: (404)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Servos

See this chart ofr more info - http://www.futaba-rc.com/servos/disc...ed-servos.html - the 133 were light weight and would strip fairly easily if over loaded -