Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

ASSAN 2.4 GHz Transmitter module/receivers

Old 01-29-2008, 05:13 PM
windstar
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASSAN 2.4 GHz Transmitter module/receivers

I see that the Hobby City store (in Hong Kong) sells a 2.4 Ghz module ($149 compatible with either selected Futaba or Hitec (Optic 6 transmitter only) transmitters. The receivers cost $25 . This is for the Spectrum type of operation. A separate module for a number of JR radios is also available, same pricing.
Any body have any experience with these. They posted excellent ratings on their website

Robert White
Old 01-29-2008, 11:42 PM
teryn1
My Feedback: (77)

Default RE: ASSAN 2.4 GHz Transmitter module/receivers

it sounds good by nobody wants to be the first one
Old 01-30-2008, 01:37 AM
XJet
Banned

That's pretty expensive -- you can pick up some complete Chinese 9-channel 2.4GHz RC systems (transmitter, module, receiver with satellite) for not much more than that!
Old 01-31-2008, 03:56 PM
phyxer

I have the system installed in my Futaba 9C Super and I LOVE IT! I've had it now for over a month and have it installed in 6 foam parkflyer sized airplanes. I have yet to experience anything but perfect performance. I like it so much I have another 10 of the 6 channel receivers on backorder with Hobby City. Works for me!

Troy
Old 01-31-2008, 04:21 PM
windstar
My Feedback: (9)

Xjet

Do you have some of the brand names for the Chinese systems you are referring too?

Windstar
Old 01-31-2008, 04:41 PM
XJet
Banned

I've been testing the iMax 9X system recently and so far it seems okay. I'll be posting a full review pretty soon but you can see it flying on YouTube at: [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqpYLgyxM40]iMax 9x 2.4GHz test flight[/link]

It is available in 2.4GHz, 72MHz and 35MHz (from memory).

In 72/35Mhz form I think the matching 9-channel PCM receivers are also under $50.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:39 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any one know if these are compatable with any of the other modules on the market? it would be nice to have options on the Rx's especially at the price they are being offered at.

Mike
Old 02-01-2008, 02:28 PM
CWLWL

I have seen several sets of china made 2,4ghz in china, and that was some 2 mths ago, and some 'hybrid' combo, consists of one tx and rx and one set of 72Mc tx/ rx and one set of 2,4 Ghz.. ..and I think more diff combo packages in diff badged is coming, but the pricings is really NON competittve when the SANWA RDS8000 is out, I dont think any of those 'high tech' china made system will be matched with the pricings they set.
And again, what set me away from those china made 2,4 is ...copy. besides format eg 2 rxs type like dx7's rx.....in cheaper plastic case with sort of --the dx7 has already got a cheap feel.
And one thing I dont get it is why people still trust old freq bands r/c sets but why to ..... (not only me but yet i see NONE of modellers I know in china using those high end r/c sets)
I might try one if they are pricing at what BL market looks like,,,,say at about 1:5 in pgricing compared to those renowned rc makers...like SANWA
Would like to know more about them though,,,,
dL
Old 02-04-2008, 09:59 AM
BaldEagel

Don't shoot me if I am wrong, but in Japan and maybe China the output on your Tx is only allowed to be up to 10mw this is very low compared too Europe and the US where up to 100mw output is allowed, this could account for lack of interfearance on the wave band in China and therefore not a great problem on whatever frequency they use, the lack of potential interfearance on the 2.4Ghz band in other countries allowed to use higher output is a bonus not to be ignored.
The density of user's in the UK and the small land mass compared to elsewhere makes its eventual take over of RC use inevitable IMO.

Mike
Old 04-02-2008, 04:59 PM
XJet
Banned

ORIGINAL: XJet

I've been testing the iMax 9X system recently and so far it seems okay. I'll be posting a full review pretty soon but you can see it flying on YouTube at: [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqpYLgyxM40]iMax 9x 2.4GHz test flight[/link]

It is available in 2.4GHz, 72MHz and 35MHz (from memory).

In 72/35Mhz form I think the matching 9-channel PCM receivers are also under $50.
The [link=http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/imax9x.shtml]iMax 9X review[/link] is now complete and online.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:48 AM
KD4WEN

(IMAX 9X) After much review and seeing that this radio has been on the world market for over a year I can't understand why after all my searching that I cannot find a us distributor nor any true priceing of any of the radios being 2.4ghz or the lower band units here in the States. Can someone laed me by the hand to a link with such info seems like this maybe a radio that I would pruchase if the info where to be avaiable to do so. And I still have not found what other rx'ers are compatable with the low band sets.
Thanks ahead of time
Freddie
Old 09-16-2008, 11:27 AM
ragallo

Recived assan X8J yesterday. Module for JR 9303 and recivers. installed in flatout from tower hobby worked just fine. will be installing in other models and more testing.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:31 AM
ragallo

Recived assan X8J yesterday. Module for JR 9303 and recivers. installed in flatout from tower hobby worked just fine. will be installing in other models and more testing.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:13 PM
mappe

So far all my ASAAN 2.4 GHZ recivers and my TX ( on a Futbaba HCP) has worked flawlessly. I use it on a T-rex 450 heli, my beloved Raptror 50 Titan and also for fun on a new trainer plane. Range has never been an issue: before I had my helis runinning a SANWA ( different name in the US) and had some problems with the range. Maybe some of You have more extensive expeirence bur so far I am very pleased. Pricing is not always a quota of quality..............
Old 01-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Wiggy

I put my new 7 channel V2 receiver in a trainer to see how well it would perform.

It passed all my tests!

I flew the plane so high I could barely see it. I do not know how far that was but it was way up there. Then I pointed the transmitter antenna right at the speck of a plane to see if it would still respond. It did. I turned around and got my body between the plane and the transmitter to see if I could block the signal but it still worked perfectly. I never fly this high so I am satisfied that it has enough range for my use.

I have heard that there can be problems if the receiver gets near the ground and is far away. Well, I flew the plane as low as I could and as far away as possible, watching to make the plane and it's shadow did not touch. Not a glitch, not a bump, nothing but solid response from the receiver. It was flawless.

I have moved the receiver to a Wild Wiz http://www.wildwiz.com/has1.htm which is a 120+ MPH delta to see what it does in there. At this speed there is very little room for error. I have not flown it yet but I trust this system completely after what I did with my trainer.

Looks like I need to order more receivers.

I really like this system in my Futaba 9Z transmitter.

Billy
Old 01-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Received ASSAN JR module and 2 7ch RX's this week. Have not had a chance to install or test yet. Looks good for $100, but we'll have to wait and see how the range test shakes out. I plan to range test about 3/8 mile away while plane is strapped to a bench and my friend watches the plane. I will get in the truck and drive down the road. We'll be using cell phones to communicate and discuss how the plane is reacting.

I will report my findings.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:14 PM
Rcpilot

Tried both RX's, can't get either one to bind. I'm following the directions. Tried turning on the TX first and wiggling the stick on ch2 as indicated in the directions. TX beaps and light flashes red rapidly. This indicates TX is in binding mode. Turned on RX with bind plug installed on signal wires of ch1 and ch3 as indicated in the directions. No joy. Sat here for 5 minutes waiting for them to bind and both lights go solid green. No joy.

Not sure what to do. Has anyone else got one of these? Can you tell me step-by-step how you got it to bind?
Old 01-31-2009, 05:44 PM
Rcpilot

Figured it out.

The sticker on the side of the RX indicating polarity is upside down. From the factory the sticker is installed indicating negative on top, positive in the middle and signal on the bottom. That's completely backwards from any other RX I've seen, so curiosity got the better of me and I switched all the plugs around from my servos. Stuck the bind plug in the TOP holes this time and it linked right up in about 5 seconds.

The factory really needs to fix this. I went ahead and turned the little sticker around so now it reads signal on top, positive in the middle and negative on the bottom.

Pretty stupid. I could have been here a week fiddling with this thing and it was a sticker installed upside down from the factory.

Hooked it up to the plane and got all the servo leads plugged in. Works on the bench. Taking it to the field tomorrow and see how it does on the range test.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:56 PM
Rcpilot

I guess I'm the guinea pig? Not another soul on RCU has a single comment on the use of these modules and RX's? 2700 hits to this thread and no other info?
Old 02-01-2009, 07:42 AM
BaldEagel

The trouble is we don't want to rain on your parrade, the ASSAN system as far as I understand it is a single channel PPM system, you may well have no interferance problems on your current site, but if you go elsewhere and they do have PPM interferance then the problems may occur.

Mike
Old 02-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Rcpilot

Range checked today. About 700' is as far as this thing will transmit on the ground. I realize testing it on the ground is the worse case scenario, but I had no other way to do it. Don't have a way to hold the airplane 100' in the air and test it.

Did NOT fly the plane.

This is not good enough for what I wanted. It works. No problem. I was just hoping it would have a significantly longer range.

More suited for park flyers IMO. I will not fly glow on this and CERTAINLY not gas. It's for sale.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:26 PM
XJet
Banned

The range of 2.4GHz gear increases *significantly* once you get even a few feet above the ground.

I've not heard of anyone having range-issues with Assan gear and the V2 systems are (reportedly) dual frequency systems.

Still, it's not the kind of system I'd use on anything larger than a .40-sized sport model.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Rcpilot

I had the plane sitting on a bench about 3 feet off the ground. Still only got about 700' range before the plane stopped responding.

No matter. It has been sold.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:08 PM
manofsteel
My Feedback: (2)

Has anyone been brave enough to try this Assan system to a 30% gas plane and how did it do? Please report
Old 02-04-2009, 12:11 PM
BaldEagel

ORIGINAL: manofsteel

Has anyone been brave enough to try this Assan system to a 30% gas plane and how did it do? Please report
If anyone does try this can they let me know, so that I can be sure that I am far enough away to be outside the fuel tank capacity. LOL

Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.