Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New T6XA in the box just opened !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 03:43 PM
KingCobra2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New T6XA in the box just opened !!!

My brother gave me a new in the box and never touched before, Futaba T6XA radio and servo outfit. I have never used a computer transmitter before. I am not sure how old this unit is. I opened the box, charged up both batteries and put them in the radio and the reciever with the servos still sitting in the styrofoam carton, so I could test them. I turned on the switch to the reciever, the servos gave a little jolt showing they got juice. I then turned on the radio and started moving the sticks back and forth and up and down. Nothing happenned. I tested the reciever battery and it is fine. The antenna on the radio is fine and I unplugged all plugs in the reciever and re-plugged them in again to no avail. What could the problem be,as to why there is no servo movement? Does my radio have to be programmed before it can communicate to the servos that they need to move a certain percentage or not? Thank you for your time, Scott
Old 02-03-2008, 08:10 AM
chutt
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: New T6XA in the box just opened !!!

Look if the receiver is PCM and the radio is transmiting in PCM mode, or vice-versa...

Cheers,

Andre.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:54 AM
KingCobra2

Thank-you for your help. I will try to figure out how to get there to check. I can't find that in the manual anywhere,but, I will try and check. The reciever is a FP-R127DF Dual Conversion. Am I suppose to open the back of the reciever and find a switch? The back of the reciever says, 1991 /20 Khz. I know the radio is 72 Mhz. This is the reciever that came with it and the radio and reciever crystals are channel 36. Can someone tell me what those transmitting frequencies stand for? PCM, PPM? All the book says is that the radio is set to PPM by default. Thank-you for your help. Scott
Old 02-03-2008, 10:45 PM
KingCobra2

Thank-you for your help. I realized that I ignored the most important step. Shuting off the radio to accept the new MOD setting. Thanx, Scott
Old 02-26-2008, 09:17 PM
kwg

PCM stands for "pulse code modulation." PPM stands for "pulse position modulation." The receiver you have is a ppm. PCM has the advantage of being more precise and smoother. PCM also has what is called a fail-safe mode. When the receiver detects that radio contact is lost with the transmitter, a "fail-safe" servo setting will be initiated where the servos go to a pre-programmed position.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:32 PM
KingCobra2

Thanx for the info. I programed my radio to PCM to comunicate with the reciever. I am a happy 'camper' now. Thanx. Scott
Old 02-26-2008, 11:32 PM
PipeMajor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ElectricFlyGuy

Thanx for the info. I programed my radio to PCM to comunicate with the reciever. I am a happy 'camper' now. Thanx. Scott
??? If you truly have the R-127DF receiver, you have FM (or PPM). Your TX MUST also be set to transmit in PPM. The Futaba receivers which operate in PCM all end with a "P" at the end of the designation such as the R-138DP.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:42 PM
KingCobra2

I guess I have a rare set-up then Thanks for piping in here I specifically changed my MOD to PCM, turned off the reciever, waited a few moments and turned it back on and TADAAAAAAAAAAAAA all set to go now. Yes, those are the digits from the reciever. Go figure.Scott
Old 06-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Oldbob

I need help with a T6XA. A friend gave me this radio, Tx only, and it still works fine. I have several Futaba radios, 2 8U’s and a 9Z with instruction manuals; I have no manual for the T6XA and can not figure out if it’s in the ACRO or HELI mode. Also the throttle trim works only at full throttle and not at low throttle. Can some one direct me to a down loadable manual or tell me how to switch between ACRO and HELI and how to reverse the throttle trim on this raido?
Bob
Old 06-23-2008, 10:33 AM
wcmorrison
My Feedback: (2)

I would go to Tower Hobbies and download the T6XAs manual, it is close enough. The T6XA lacks a few things like 3 versus 6 models in the memory. But when it comes to EPA, EXP, Trim Memory they are the same. The instructions on how to program are essentially the same. Just remember the T6XAs has a few more bells and whistles in it.

You might try www.futaba.com and see if they still have it up on line too. Tower Hobbies and Futaba are closely related.

Cheers,

Chip
Old 06-23-2008, 11:42 AM
KingCobra2

I also believe the Futaba site http://www.Futaba.com also has a manual download site. In the meanwhile, if you need to know anything I can refer to my manual for you. Thanx. Scott
Old 06-23-2008, 12:03 PM
carrellh

ORIGINAL: Oldbob

I need help with a T6XA. A friend gave me this radio, Tx only, and it still works fine. I have several Futaba radios, 2 8U’s and a 9Z with instruction manuals; I have no manual for the T6XA and can not figure out if it’s in the ACRO or HELI mode. Also the throttle trim works only at full throttle and not at low throttle. Can some one direct me to a down loadable manual or tell me how to switch between ACRO and HELI and how to reverse the throttle trim on this raido?
Bob
Futaba manuals: http://www.futaba-rc.com/manuals/index.html

6XA/6XH Manual Notes
The 6XA and 6XH transmitters are identical as far as available programming, number of switches, etc. Both radios have all programming for aircraft and helicopters. The only difference is the lack of a ratchet in the throttle stick (the throttle is still sprung).
Please download and follow the 6XA/H Super manual for use with your older 6X radio system:
On page 45 of the manual, the page references a P-AT menu for adjusting pitch ATV. This is ONLY available on the NON-SUPER version of the radio. The Super version has the ATV for channel 6 (pitch) on the ATV menu.
Please note that the following features do not apply to your 6X radio:
The 6X does not have the dual rate for rudder. It does however keep the option to combine the aileron and elevator dual rates on a single switch, the aileron switch, so the elevator dual rate switch can be used for mixing. The 6XAS manual does not cover rudder dual rate setup, so the only text which is inaccurate for your 6X is (page 25 printed or page 27 PDF) the image for D/R Sw Mode 2 will look exactly like the image for DR Sw Mode 1.
The 6X does not have exponential settings. Please remove this page from the PDF file. (Page 26 printed, page 28 PDF).
The 6X does not have swashplate types and swashplate AFR. Please remove these pages from the PDF (53 and 54, printed, pages 60/61 PDF).
Otherwise these manuals are identical and the Super manual is fine to use for your 6X.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:05 PM
carrellh

Duplicate
Old 06-25-2008, 07:36 AM
Oldbob

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I was able to get the info I needed from the link that Carrell gave. I now have this old, but good, radio working perfectly.
Thanks again,
Bob