Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba TM-14/617 failsafe problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 07:57 PM
DKflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba TM-14/617 failsafe problem

I recently installed a 617 receiver in an electric extra. It is supposed to have failsafe on the throtle channel, so I decided to test it as part of pre-flighting the plane.

What I found is that the first time I turn off the radio, the throtle goes to idle as it should. When I turn the radio back on, I regain control. However, if I turn the radio off again, it continues running and does not return to idle (no failsafe).

This is a problem if the source of the interference is in the motor/esc/ignition/etc... If that's the case, it will work correctly when the interference first hits, but will fly away when control comes back and the throttle comes back up. This could be a huge problem with a gasser, heli, etc, as it could cause lots of property damage or serious injury.

I know the 2.4ghz stuff is more immune to RF noise than 72mhz, but nothing is perfect and the failsafe should work!

This is with the 617 reciever only. The 14 channel works as it is supposed to. I haven't tried any others.