Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

newbie shopping for servos

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 12:06 AM
grimace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie shopping for servos

I'm building my first non-trainer airplane (a Kyosho P-51D Mustang 40) and I'm having difficulty deciding which servos will suit my needs. I'm using a JR Propo X-3810 (=X-8103 in the States) and so I assume I'll be shopping for JR servos. Does anyone have any suggestions that will help me to narrow my search? Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Steve
Old 04-22-2003, 01:56 AM
beavertail

tHE STANDARD 537 THAT COME WITH THE RADIOS ARE GREAT SERVOS. jUST DONT TRY ANY FULL POWER DIVES, SINCE THEY ARE NOT METAL GEARS, THAT PLANE MAY NOT PULL OUT OF IT. If you are a beginner make sure you get some help setting up the plane and flying it, or the planes first flight may be its last or worst , your can hurt someone, Alot of us tried learning on our own, and it almost never works.
Good luck
Old 04-22-2003, 02:07 AM
grimace

thanks Beavertail,

that advice is exactly what I was looking for... I'll get out shopping right away!

I've been honning my skills on Realflight for about 6 months now, and thankfully I have a verterain who comes with me whenever I go flying. So far no major mishaps...

thanx again

Steve
Old 04-22-2003, 04:54 AM
WreckRman2
Banned
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depending on how much you want to spend the DS811 Advanced Sport is another one to consider.