Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Lithium batteries

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 01:18 PM
oakley
My Feedback: (71)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lithium batteries

I've got a JR 8103 that will soon need a new Lithium battery. I have heard that I must send it in to a service depot to have the battery changed; is that true? If anyone can advise how to do this on my own please advise. Right now Radio South has a 3-4 week waiting period on service. I can't do without me radio for that long!
Old 03-10-2002, 08:52 PM
Randy Smith

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Internal Lithium Battery

I had to have the same thing done to my Airtronics Stylus Tx. For some reason, it's a factory service thing. Probably best not to be mucking around inside. I borrowed a friend's Tx while mine was away.

Cheers,

Randy
Old 03-10-2002, 11:10 PM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get it to Horizon

As soon as you can as the warm weather brings gobs of work for them. Be sure to ask them to keep the integrity of your programming while performing the work. Just pulling the battery powers down your program and your plane set ups are lost. They probably use the Data Safe software ( I think that's what it's called) Are you having any problems with it, or is it already dead?
Old 03-11-2002, 03:26 PM
oakley
My Feedback: (71)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No problem yet

I'm just wanting to do some preventative maintenance. It's about four years old and JR says that the lithium will last for five.
Old 03-13-2002, 08:04 PM
Randy Smith

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lithium batteries

Get it changed now. The one in my Stylus lasted not much more than two years and caught me by surprise. Two weeks before a contest it failed and I was out of luck for a Tx. Had to borrow a buddies and try to set up all my programs again.
I am considering having a back up Tx for these type of emergencies....

Randy