Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

hitec Eclpise 7

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 01:38 AM
Lorduss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hitec Eclpise 7

im considering buying this new radio.
right now its on sale at my lhs with servos and all 249,
my question is, do you think this is a good radio for jets and large scale edge,cap etc.

im a person thats never spent much on radios, considering all the time and money ive devoted to this hobby,
id like to get a radio thats well suited for anything i might eventually get into, and it seems like a realy good radio for the price,

i trust hightec servos on alot of my cars,trucks,planes. and overall i like it.
i just dont want to end up buying another radio because it just didnt have enough.
Old 04-27-2003, 01:56 PM
GMG-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hitec Eclpise 7

HiTec Eclipse Radio

Lorduss: I'ver been flying RC for 40 years. I currently own Futaba, JR and HiTec radios. I just purchased an Eclipse system and find it to be a good value for the money. Will it work on Jets, Giant Scale, etc.? It depends on the airborne equipment you select! Obviously you must decide on the receiver (PPM or PCM), servos and battery packs you purchase, ie: size, torque, analog/digital, etc. HiTec makes good gear and so does everyone else. Consider a dealer who will build you a system for YOUR needs rather than purchasing a standard package. Hope this helps you out.

Mike in N.IL
Old 04-27-2003, 03:09 PM
strato911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hitec Eclpise 7

From what I've read, 7 channels may not be enough for Jet aircraft, even though it's plenty for sport planes.