Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Is Futaba 6EX the equivalent of the DX6i?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 12:36 AM
SUPERSPORT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Futaba 6EX the equivalent of the DX6i?

I've always had Futaba. I don't like change. I have a PZ T-28 Trojan and am looking at buying more planes and going 2.4GHz.

I see the Futaba costs a little more. From what I see the receiver is about twice as much. I also see Spektrum is running a buy one get one free deal. If I were going off price I'd jump all over the Spectrum.

Anyway is the Futaba 6EX the equivalent of the DX6i?
Old 03-26-2008, 04:39 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Is Futaba 6EX the equivalent of the DX6i?

You will get many opinions but I feel the 6EX is a pretty limited entry level radio system.

The DX6i has more model memories, more mixes and more flexibility. It also has a wider variety of receiver options at a lower cost. Model match is great, and it will work with all of the Spektrum/JR receivers.

What kind of flying interests you?

Price is comparable if you just look at transmitter and receiver.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:32 AM
SUPERSPORT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just a basic flyer. I used to fly glow but have been out of it for a few years. I'm just getting back into flying with electric. I have a PZ T28 Trojan but am looking at a couple others. I think 6 model memory is more than enough.

I didn't mean this to be a 'which is better' thread. I've seen several people have the DX6(i) so I just wanted to know what the Futaba equivalent was. I seen the 6EX in the Tower magazine and thought it may be the one.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:40 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Should be fine!