Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Using a 6exhp for aiplanes

Old 03-29-2008, 11:11 PM
zachmccool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using a 6exhp for aiplanes

Can you use the 6exhp radio on airplanes? i have a chance to swap my 6exap for a 6exhp. i just recently started flying helis and this trade is very tempting, both radios are used but like new. If you can use the 6exhp on airplanes what functions dose it have and how do you activate the airplane functions? i was looking at the 6exhp manual and did not see anything that would subjests that you can use it with airplanes. Can some one clear this up for me?
Old 03-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Using a 6exhp for aiplanes

Even if it doesn't have airplane programming, you can use it to fly airplanes using the basic functions on channels 1-4. It might not come with mixing for stuff like two aileron servos but you can use a y-harness for that.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:56 AM
Stormovic
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

6exp has airplane and heli software.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:09 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

There's a couple versions of the 6ex floating around, AFAIK the ones that are designated 6EXH and 6EXA only have software for helicopter and fixed wing respectively.

http://www.futabarc.com/radios/feature-compare.html note for 6exh it says ACRO PROGRAMMING: NO