Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec HG-5000 Gyro and Rudder Trim

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 08:23 PM
smarks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec HG-5000 Gyro and Rudder Trim

Anyone know if you can use rudder trim once the gyro is setup? I setup the gyro in rate mode and then switched to TL mode and it worked great. I followed the setup instructions to the T. After that flight I flew again and the tail was drifting a bit. I am in the middle of going through the setup again, but I am wondering if the tail should always hold perfectly straight without ever having to use rudder trim. Any ideas?
Old 04-02-2008, 03:39 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts
Default RE: Hitec HG-5000 Gyro and Rudder Trim

I have no experience with that particular gyro but in general you shouldn't need trim once its set up. Make sure you arent moving the helicopter or the sticks while the gyro is booting, I think the logitechs zip the servo when they are initialized. Thats particularly important with smaller helis becuase you can be beating them around a bit trying to get the battery hooked up.