Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum Rx compatibility?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:29 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum Rx compatibility?

Hi,

since Danny is no longer with us, i'm posting the question here. Answer the question ONLY if you have info direct from the "horses mouth" please!

I am confused as to receiver compatibility with :

1- DSM9 module for JR Tx

2- DX6i Tx

if you have the info, pls list all compatible Rx name(s) for each Tx

Thanks, V.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum Rx compatibility?

Well I'm not going to list all the rx's but I'll tell you that the only question is with regard to the DX6 tx and AR6000 rx.

Both of those are DSM technology and the DX6 will only work with an AR6000 rx.

I can't positively say about your module as I've not seen one, but IIRC they are DSM2 technolgy as are all the tx's built since the DX6.

Now, all the tx's from the DX6i on up will operate any Spektrum/JR 2.4 rx including the DSM technology AR6000, it just takes a bit longer to bind the AR6000 than the others as the tx's have to reset themselves to transmit in DSM instead of DSM2.

Check your documentation to verify that your module is DSM2. If it is then it will operate all the rx's from the AR6100 up. It may not operate the AR6000's, can't say for sure about that.

Hope that helps?
Old 04-04-2008, 03:07 PM
PipeMajor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Zeeb

Well I'm not going to list all the rx's but I'll tell you that the only question is with regard to the DX6 tx and AR6000 rx.

Both of those are DSM technology and the DX6 will only work with an AR6000 rx.

I can't positively say about your module as I've not seen one, but IIRC they are DSM2 technolgy as are all the tx's built since the DX6.

Now, all the tx's from the DX6i on up will operate any Spektrum/JR 2.4 rx including the DSM technology AR6000, it just takes a bit longer to bind the AR6000 than the others as the tx's have to reset themselves to transmit in DSM instead of DSM2.

Check your documentation to verify that your module is DSM2. If it is then it will operate all the rx's from the AR6100 up. It may not operate the AR6000's, can't say for sure about that.

Hope that helps?
No, I think his question was about the DX6i which is DSM2 technology. DSM2 is backwards compatible with all current DSM2 receivers AND DSM.
The JR DSM9 module is also DSM2 and works with ALL Spektrum receivers.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Well since he's talking about the DX6i and asked about compatibilty on rx's from the "horse's mouth", I was guessing that he wanted either direct references to information posted by either Horizon, Spektrum or someone who'd used them.

As he is bound to come up with more questions and some of those might involve the AR6000 rx. I thought I'd include the information I have since I own a DX6i, a DX7 and an X9303 and have tried all the available rx's. Although I've seen information about the modules, I have not actually had any "hands on" experience with the modules so any comment on them might not be considered as being from the "horses mouth"....