Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Flapperon Function JR 9303

Old 04-06-2008, 09:00 PM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Flapperon Function JR 9303

The JR support section is closed so I'll ask this as a general question. I have recently upgraded from a JR 8103 TX to this upgraded unit. Never had a problem with the prior transmitter using the flapperon function but I am now. The instruction manual hook procedure is idential to that of the 8103. This is my problem. I can't adjust the individual travel throw of the right or left servo unless I move the flap switch to the number (1) position. I have disabled the switch but it makes no difference. Is my transmitter defective?
Old 04-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Wlouigene
My Feedback: (66)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flapperon Function JR 9303

SYSTEM MENU
Jog down to DeviceSEL and make sure all switches and channels are set to INH.
Return to the main SYSTEM Menu and select Wing TYPE. Set the wing type to "flaperon". This will automatically mix the Aileron channel and Flap (Aux. 1) channel. Plug the right Aileron into the Aileron channel (Ch2) and plug the left Aileron servo into the FLAP or AUX1 channel (Ch6) of the RX the radio will now refer to these channels as LAI and RAI. This allows us to adjust the centering (sub trim), direction, and travel endpoints of each aileron separately.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:48 AM
flycatch

Thank you, for the information. I have done these steps in the initial set-up with no results. According to the instruction the joystick controls the direction of control surface movement. By moving the joystick either left or right the percentage of movement can be changed. The icon does not move when the stick is moved off center to a right or left position. As I have previously stated it does work correctly when the flap position stick is in position #1.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:52 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The setup I use for flaperons in the 9303 aircraft configuration is this. In the Wing Type select flaperon. In the Device SEL set under Flap choose Flap SW, trim (your option of off or on) and out to SYS. In the function menus you should have FLAP SYS. and AIL Diff. menus listed. The default values in the FLAP SYS. menu are zero so you will have to choose flap and elevator values for the Flap SW if you want to activate the flaps. What you choose in the AIL Diff menu is your choice. In the Sub Trim and TRVL ADJ menus you should see listed RAIL and LAIL whose values you can change.

Now the set up in the sailplane configuration is different.

Allan
Old 04-07-2008, 06:19 PM
flycatch

Thank you, for the reply. I have figured out the problem. The flap switch and flap trim must be turned Off/INH. This is the cure to the problem.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:26 PM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In using flaperons and spoilerons on the 9303 I ended up using WAY TOO MANY free mixes, what is unique to the 9303 programing is, instead of using flaperon wing type, set the wing type to normal, then use dual aileron servo option. this allows you to pick a channel to plug in the dual ail, then unbelievably if you go in and use a free mix, you will find flaperons as a slave free mix option, now it allows you to pick direction of throw, this ends up with more flexibility and I dont ever see a need to ever use a flaperon wing type anymore if flaperons as a free mix are present in normal wing with dual aileron choice.

This make sense????
Old 04-08-2008, 10:40 AM
flycatch

I don't really understand your explanation however I'll give it a try. This is the reason I purchased this radio, more flexability in programming.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:15 AM
AWorrest

C/F,

There is usually more than one way to program a function on the 9303. If what you have works for you, then use it. For those reading this thread who are not familiar with the programming flaperons on the 9303, most of the methods posted here are making life way too complicated.

If you are willing 1.) to restrict the physical setup of the dual ailerons to the conventional manner, i.e., both servo arms pointing outward (or both pointing inward), 2.) using the Ail channel for the right aileron and Aux1 for the left aileron, and 3.) controlling your flaperons and/or spoilerons by the 3-position flap switch, then the programming is very simple. Try this as an experiment.

1 In the System list, select an unused ACRO model
2 Do the MDL Reset
3 Go to the Wing TYPE menu and set the Wing to FLAPERON
4 Go the Function list and select the FLAP SYS menu and set up your flaperon and/or spoileron

You are done. There is no need to use any of the program mixes. The FLAP SYS menu allows you to set your elevator compensations. With the FLAP SYS menu you have an extra mix in addition to the six program mixes. If you need differential, use the AIL Diff menu. No need to play with TRVL ADJ endpoints.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:31 AM
flycatch

You just left me in the dust. This radio far exceeds my knowledge. Thanks, for making me look retarded.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:57 PM
shepga

flycatch,

Thanks for the info. I have been fighting the same problem you described earlier. I'm anxious to try your recommendation. Funny thing is I have 3 planes loaded and set up in model memory. The first one exibited the problem but it was intermitent. Sometimes I would move the joy stick left or right and the end point travel would be adjustable for each direction and for both left and right aileron. At other times when I moved the stick each aieron could only be adjusted in one direction. The second plane worked fine. The third plane I couldn't get independant end point travel for each aileron. Anyway I'll go back and check my flap switch and flap switch settings.

Glen
Old 04-09-2008, 08:15 PM
shepga

I reviewed my Flap settings. On the first model Flap switch was set to INH Flap trim off. Result was ability to independantly set left-right-up and down aileron throw. The other 2 models had the flap switch set to SYS and ACT. and could not set throws independantly. I set these to INH and everything is working as it should be.

Glen
Old 04-10-2008, 12:18 AM
flycatch

I'm glad I not the only one who has had this problem. As I first stated I had little problem with programing the JR 8103. This transmitter requires a degree in higher mathmetics. Someone out there I'm sure can navigate throw the set-up. Please contact me and share your wisdom with the whole community.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:51 AM
AWorrest

ORIGINAL: flycatch

I'm glad I not the only one who has had this problem. As I first stated I had little problem with programing the JR 8103. This transmitter requires a degree in higher mathmetics. Someone out there I'm sure can navigate throw the set-up. Please contact me and share your wisdom with the whole community.
If you followed the steps I listed in post #8 and you can't adjust the RAIL or LAIL for certain poistions of the flap switch, it means you have too much flap mixed in for those flap switch positions in the FLAP SYS menu. As a test set the flap mix to zero on on positions of the flap switch. You should then be able to adjust the aileron travel for any flap switch position.

PM me with what settings you want to use on the flap switch and how much travel you want on the ailerons. I'll see if I can set it up for you.

Allan