Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Can I make a switch, so instead of operating a servo, it's either on or off?

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Can I make a switch, so instead of operating a servo, it's either on or off?

Old 04-11-2008, 09:19 PM
PENGUINBLASTER!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I make a switch, so instead of operating a servo, it's either on or off?

I need to power a model rocket ignitor via my third channel, gear shifter button. Do I connect the signal wire to one of the + or - wires or what do I do, I'm no electronics expert, and I don't have many supplies, I'm trying to get out of ordering a something and waiting for it to arrive.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:55 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Can I make a switch, so instead of operating a servo, it's either on or off?

You can't just connect the servo wire to something other than a servo. The three wires coming from the receiver are black(ground), red(positive) and orange(signal). There is always a 4.8 potential between black and red. And the orange signal wire is being pulsed to tell the servo what position to move. You can buy a device that takes this servo input and closes and opens a switch (a relay). Or you can use a small servo to activate a small switch to close a separate circuit to fire your rocket motor.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:59 PM
PENGUINBLASTER!!!

Default RE: Can I make a switch, so instead of operating a servo, it's either on or off?

Ok, I considered the picco switch earlier. I think I'll take the servo route, I have a standard size servo I'll use.