Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

I have a prolem with glitching on my GWS reciever

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 12:43 AM
smartman300
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a prolem with glitching on my GWS reciever

I bought a GWS reciever used, and put it in my park flyer. With the Tx off, I turned the Rx on and the whole thing started glitching and the servos jittered. As soon as I turned the Tx on, the problem went away. I was told by a flying buddy that this was normal for GWS recievers.

Now with the Tx and Rx on in my basement, I set the model down (glue was drying) and put my Tx on the stairs, not 15 feet away. The antenna was collapsed. The thing started jittering just a little bit, then progressively got worse. as soon as I know it, the servos were going from one extreme to the other. I got my Tx and walked by the model, and the problem went away.

At the field, the Rx ranged at 15-20 paces before glitching. I was also told this is okay.

Question is, is all this stuff okay or should I be worried about something. There isn't a problem with my Tx, I use it on my other planes okay. My Rx antenna is run out the top of my fuselage outside the airplane. My Tx is a JR, and I believe that the GWS reciever is JR also. How do I tell if the RX is a futaba type or a JR type?

Also, is all the stuff I told you normal for a park flyer reciever?
Old 05-03-2003, 01:07 AM
Peter Khor
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a prolem with glitching on my GWS reciever

* always turn on TX 1st, then RX ... it's in all the manuals
* cheaper RX will glitch when no TX is present, it tries to decode every other RF that's out there that it picks up (think on your TV on a blank channel, static).
* which RX? there are several from GWS
* there is a 20" antenna version meant for indoor flight; you want 39" of antenna on your RX
* my outdoor collapsed antenna range on a R4P is at least 40 paces (open space, no building or other obstructions).
* I can more or less speck-out 28" parkflyers on the GWS RX and still maintain control; the RX can be a little more prone to motor noise, but overall I'd concure with the 500' range.