Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

flaperon and normal configuration.....?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 01:10 AM
edberry22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flaperon and normal configuration.....?

Quick question thats been covered to death Im sure, but I noticed my radios have the ability to use flaperon mixing. Now I wont be taking the dazzler apart, but I would like a brief explanation of how it works if one servo is plugged onto slot 2 and the other one in slot 6. This being the case, does that mean I can only run flaperons and not fly in normal configuration or switch back and fourth? Im a bit confused with this one.
I have the JR 632 computer radios by the way.
Old 05-03-2003, 02:14 AM
WhtBronco

My JR662 has the flaperon option and yes you plug 1 servo into slot 2 and the other servo into AUX 1. You then have normal aileron function and the flaps are activated by a switch. Even with flaps down you still have ailerons, but potentially reduced down throw. You must also select the wing type for flaperons.
Old 05-03-2003, 02:18 AM
edberry22

Is it the selection of wing flaperons that enables the seperate servos to function normaly until the switch is flipped?
I guess I am going to have to hook up my spare radio and play with it to fully grasp this whole thing.

How does the flaperon mixing help with 3D flying, or does it?
Old 05-03-2003, 03:20 AM
WhtBronco

Yes the flaperon selection mixes both servos together so they operate as 1. Even when you activate the switch the servos stil work as 1, they drop both ailerons for flaps but continue to remain functional ailerons.

The flaps will help you to make tighter loops and to fly slower and remain stable.

Hooking up a radio in this config would help you understand it a bit better. Then you can see it.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:26 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Ed,
Once you make flaperon active by chosing that wing type, the 2 servos operate together as if htey were one aileron servo any time you give aileron input. Then if you move your flap switch or dial (depending on the radio), they ALSO move together as flaps.

As far as 3D, it is sometimeshelpful to put in some spoileron (up flaps) for 3D to help stabilize the model and minimize the rock going on in harrier type manuevers.