Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 3PM FASST 2.4

Old 04-21-2008, 11:21 PM
01s0uljah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 3PM FASST 2.4

I just picked up this radio today and playing around with it, I noticed a button on the back of the Tx and pressed it.. It starts to blink green and basically waiting to pair up with a receiver.. so i click the "sw" button on my receiver but continues to blink and wont stop.. Anybody know the solution to the problem? The receiver still works but it blinks nonstop..

Second question.. What kind of batteries are suitable for this Tx/Rx combo? I'm using all AA Alkaline Energizers.. Not too sure if these would be suitable.. But I am planning to upgrade to a rechargable pack in the future.. so is this okay for now?
Old 04-22-2008, 12:43 AM
Silent-AV8R

Default RE: Futaba 3PM FASST 2.4

Take a look at Page 24 of the manual for how to bind a RX and TX.

Then look at the bottom of the page for info about setting failsafe, which is what the button you pressed does.

Handy thing the manual. Lots of good info in it

I have been using the Energizer Lithium cells, the silver ones. They seem to last forever. I just changed over to the new Sanyo Eneloop NiMH cells. Charge like normal NiMH cells but hold up to 85% of their charge for up to a year.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:07 AM
01s0uljah

I was told that the sanyo batteries were really good at my LHS.. Just didn't know which Sanyos..

Do you use the Eneloops in the Rx only? Or do you use them in the Tx as well?
Old 04-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Silent-AV8R

I use the Eneloop cells in my TX. All my boats use a separate NiMH pack constructed using tabbed cells. The FASST radio requires a 5-cell RX pack and most battery holders are only 4-cell. I hear that Eneloop may be coming out with tabbed cells that can be used for normal type RX packs, but they are not out yet.