Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitech digital servos , any good ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 02:46 AM
roadhor
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitech digital servos , any good ?

I've heard some bad stuff about Hitech digitals . Are they as bad as I've heard or is all that blown out of proportion? I have some 5625's & really like them. Also why does the TowerTalk list most of the Futaba digitals as 4.8v only ? Thanks for all the info, Rob
Old 05-04-2003, 10:11 AM
Kris^
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

The HiTec digital servo subject has been beaten to death on this forum for the last year. . .with few exceptions people consider them to be top-notch servos. they had a few teethign problems when they first came out, and people using them improperly or outside their performance envelope probably attributed to about half, or more, of the problems experienced with them. Of late I have not seen any problems or incidences attributed to the HiTec digitals, though.

Personally I don't buy anything BUT the HiTecs now, and I used to be a hard-core JR supporter.

As for the Futaba digital "4.8 volts only". . one of two reasons. . either it's a product warranty CYOA statement to keep Futaba and Tower from being liable in case of failure if 6v systems are used, OR the servos just can't handle the extra loads and performance associated with 6v systems and some failures or problems have occured because of this.

Personally, for their price, compared to the competitions prices, I can't see a reason to run a Futaba ANYTHING in my planes. .
Old 05-04-2003, 01:34 PM
roadhor
My Feedback: (21)

Kris^ : Thanks , That's about what I had figured. I really like the 5625 Hitech digitals I have. I just didn't want to loose a 1/4 or 1/3 scale plane because I bought a cheaper servo. The box said they have 130oz torque @ 6volts , & 6volts is all I run anymore. Thanks again, Rob