Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Rd8000 Vs Jr 8103

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 01:00 PM
MooseLoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rd8000 Vs Jr 8103

Getting ready to buy my first heli and wondering if anyone has any pro's or cons about these 2 radios. They are what I have it narrowed down to and need to make a decision soon....I have 2 weeks of vacation starting in 1 more week....almost time to go fly!

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2003, 08:11 PM
beavertail

I dont have much expeirience with airtronics. but the 8103 is a super easy radio to learn to use. I learned to use one without the manual, its that easy. And you wont outgrow it.
Good luck.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:36 AM
MO_Radio_Tech

I love the 8103. Does much more than you will ever need. Excellent helicopter programming features. JR radios work with JR, Airtronics, and some Hitec receivers.

Whatever radio you get, beware of heli fuel and exhaust. The Nitro Methane breaks down many plastics. Don't stand downwind of the exhuast. I your hands get fuel on them, wipe them off before touching your radio, etc. If you do get any on your radio, wipe it off ASAP.