Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 8 and Flap Setup question

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 03:19 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futaba 8 and Flap Setup question

Hello to all,
Can I program my Futaba Super8 this way? I want to set the flaps (2 servos, Channel 6,7) to move when I flip the 3 position swicth. Switch up0 Swicth middle 15 degrees and Switch down 30 derees. I have read and read the manual, plus the after market manual and I just can not get it to operate right. Also, if is feasable, after the switch is programed, can the rotating channel 6,7 knobs be deactivated? Do i have enough mixers? I have been using this radio for years, and this is the first time this set up has come up.
Thanks in advance,
Ron
Old 05-08-2008, 03:49 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 8 and Flap Setup question

The Don EdBerg book "Getting the most out of Futaba's 8-channel Radio Control System" discusses using multiple Program Mixers to move the Flap function to a Switch (pg 7-19 to 7-20). He poses various scenarios and how to use Programmable Mixing to solve the problem. There is a section on disabling a Knob using a Program Mix. I would have never have figured this stuff out without the help of this book. I also have the 8AUPS.

With my XP9303, this is all done for you. I hate Flap Knobs. Switches are much easier to find and use, while flying.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:01 PM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks,
I will look again, but it talks about having flaps move and ailerons at the same time. I did not see the example of just having 2 servos mixed with channel 6-7 and having the flaps move with the flip of the switch. Maybe I missed it, i will look again.
Ron
Old 05-08-2008, 08:24 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a reason why you want to put each Flap half on a separate channel? You could just put both servos on a Y. The book assumes you have both Flap halves on the same channel. When you use Programmable Mixers, to mix two channels (master and slave) and you then try to mix the mix, you may not be able to do that. Before the Ailevator program was added to the Futaba 8, I tried to use a Programmable Mixer to mix Elevator and Ch8. This worked, but when I then tried to use another Programmable Mixer to mix Elevator and Flaps, only the Elevator channel was mixed with Flaps and not Ch8.

Maybe that is why your Flap on a Switch isn't working.