Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

2.4 binding issue. Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 12:40 PM
meridianflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 binding issue. Need Help

So here is my deal,
Went to fly my plane, engine was running rough, started messing around, got running good. However I had forgot to tighten the setscrew for the throttle stop, you got it, I had to fly my plane around until I ran out of gas, landing was kind of rough, however no damage to plane When I removed the wing I noticed that the main receiver had jarred loose, still in foam, sattelite receiver ok. Also throtle servo came loose. Got everything back to as should be, turned on radio,x9303, and then turned on receiver (AR6200). noted that it was no longer bound. No problem i thought. unhooked all servos and hooked up receiver to rebind. For some reason It will not rebind. Both lights on main receiver and satellite recceiver blink as they should when powered up. then I push the bind button button on back of transmitter, power up transmitter. Light on satellite receiver stops blinking, and main receiver keeps blinking and wont stop not matter what I do. I am missing something here? Went over binding directions and tried several times. I am wondering if I may have jarred smething loose on the rough landing? Any input would be much appreciated.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:55 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 binding issue. Need Help

I am not sure if this is the answer, but I ran into a similar problem with one of my AR9000 receivers. I took my plane to a private airport to test fly it. I had never used a 2.4 system there before. I needed to Bind my Tx to the Rx. Turned on the receiver and all lights blinked. Turned on the Tx, with button depressed, and the light on the Satellite receiver went solid and one light on the Main receiver went solid, but the other light on the Main receiver kept blinking. Could not bind. I tried severl times and then gave up. I called Horizon and they asked me if I was trying to Bind near any large Metal structures. My plane was between my Haulmark 6x12 trailer and a large Metal hangar. I tried binding again, out on the runway and away from the hangars. No problem binding.

Perhaps you were running into some similar interference.

Horizon told me that when I am binding, the TX is at Half power when the Bind Button is depressed. They said I could Fly next to a metal building but I should not try to Bind next to one.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:04 PM
meridianflyer

Yea, I knew about the metal deal, strange. Whats even stranger is I just went to go try and bind again and it worked fine. Everything seems to be ok know. I got my plane sitting on one of those gorilla racks in a work bench formation. It is made of metal with wood table top, maybee that is just enough to mess with it. Go figure? I wil not binb their any more. Thanks for the input BuschBarber. Does any body know what it means when the main receiver keeps blinking and satellite receiver quits blinking during the bind process?
Old 05-12-2008, 01:08 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

I would also be interested to know if there is any significance to which Binding light is blinking when a Bind fails. Would the Data Logger provide any information? I would guess it depends upon which receiver fails while Binding.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:09 PM
meridianflyer

Well it happend again. Went to the field, flew my plane, everything was just fine. When I went to go fly again, it would not connect. When I came home I had to rebind it. I dont know whats going on? I did notice after the first flight after I landed I moved the throtle trim down to kill the engine, it would not, the setting changed. It was not like this before because I double checked this before the first flight to make sure I had it set properly, I wonder if this has something to do with the failsafe? I was able to control the plane entire time, didnt notice anything strange while flying. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:19 PM
nobodytwo

The proper startup sequence is real important with the JR 2.4 system. You MUST be sure you have the right model selected, then turn on the TX. Wait 15 seconds and then turn on your receiver. If you reverse the process the system will not always work.

Happy Landings!
Old 06-04-2008, 09:31 PM
airbusdrvr

meridianflyer, why did you need to disconnect your servos(your initial post above) to bind the receiver? Just curious.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:31 AM
meridianflyer

ORIGINAL: airbusdrvr

meridianflyer, why did you need to disconnect your servos(your initial post above) to bind the receiver? Just curious.
airbusdrvr,
I initially had to mess with the throttle servo because as noted in my first post, I ran out of gas and landing was a bit rough and it jarred the servo loose. After I fixed it i double checked it before flight to make sure it was ok. Didnt have to do anything with servos to rebind. I am considering setting up a swithch type deal to make binding easier. I to read my first post again, I unplugged servos to rebind because initially it was not rebinding when servos were plugged in. I was just trying different things to try and diagnose what was going on.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:33 AM
meridianflyer

ORIGINAL: nobodytwo

The proper startup sequence is real important with the JR 2.4 system. You MUST be sure you have the right model selected, then turn on the TX. Wait 15 seconds and then turn on your receiver. If you reverse the process the system will not always work.

Happy Landings!
How about after landing? Turn receivers off on plane then TX? It seems from reading the manual it didnt really matter, but seems to work correctly in the order you mentioned.