Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec antenna bobbin

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 01:47 PM
scratchonly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec antenna bobbin

Has anyone used the bobbin on which 18 inches of antenna can be wound that Hitec supplies with their receiver? Is it only for park flyer use or for a "full range" type of plane?
Old 05-13-2008, 01:53 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Hitec antenna bobbin

I have used it before. It works great. Just don't overlap any windings. I had it in a mini-funtana and had no problems. Range check was as normal.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:45 PM
thedr
Banned

It has been my experience that using the full available length of any antenna wire gives your receiver the best chance for the most optimal performance. But a lot of radio performance also has to do with the trasmitting power of the tx, and fresh batteries there can overcome a lot of things. Thatbeing said, I've used bobbins or other antenna-shortening routes over the years but only under the auspices of knowing it could affect range. That leaves it up to a test-and-tune sort of thing only the user knows for sure.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:36 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: scratchonly Has anyone used the bobbin on which 18 inches of antenna can be wound that Hitec supplies with their receiver? Is it only for park flyer use or for a "full range" type of plane?
Bobbin - What is purpose/effect of the Hitec Antenna Bobbin
Further information under sub section "Antenna - Rubber Duckie, Micro & Whip Flywire - replace long aerials with loaded base antenna" at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Regards
Alan T.