Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

WANTED: Source for VERY LARGE Servos

Old 05-06-2003, 01:24 PM
safari
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WANTED: Source for VERY LARGE Servos

I am working on a project to put RC into a full size Go-Kart. I am looking for a servo large enough to operate the steering.

Can anyone here recommend a company that offers large servos for such applications?

Thanks.

Safari
Old 05-06-2003, 03:27 PM
strato911

How about these:

(click on image)

I think I saw them available in North America, but I can't find the link right now.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:31 PM
safari

That looks perfect!

Do you have any idea of the brand name? Or any info that might be helpful for an internet search?
Old 05-06-2003, 03:49 PM
strato911

Did you try clicking on the picture? They are made by TONEGAWA SEIKO. I originally saw them while seeking something else. I found them again by entering "28V" and "servo" into my search engine. A new search including "TONEGAWA", "SEIKO", and "servo" yeilded several good sources (including the manufacturer).

Click here for my search results...
Old 05-06-2003, 03:58 PM
strato911

Out of curiosity, I checked the price... That's one expensive servo!!! - $554.95 :boxing:
Old 05-06-2003, 04:13 PM
safari

ahhhhh....got it!

Yes, expensive....but just what I need.

Thank you very much! (Karma enclosed ;-)
Old 05-26-2003, 01:42 PM
safari

Default FYI - My experience with this servo

Just for those who may be interested, I purchased one of these servos and found that it worked very well.

It comes geared in a fast version rated at 13 ft/lbs. or 27 ft/lbs. at the slower gearing. I purchased the fast geared, 12V version . It arrived with a JR/Futaba type servo connector on the signal wires and a set of Red/Black power leads. Connecting the power leads to a 12V battery and the signal connector to a standard RC receiver was all that was required to make the servo operate.

The servo worked perfectly! Very fast and powerful. And this thing is built like a tank! It is metal cased and o-ring sealed. I guess this servo could be used in RC aircraft but it would have to be very large given that this servo weighs nearly 28oz. I did have to fabricate my own servo arm but that was expected.

It is going to get a lot of hard use in my application so I will see how durable it may be. Time will tell.

Mark