Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

need radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Big Buffalo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need radio

i plan on building a boat, so id need a radio, 3 ch, either pistol or 2-stick...receiver, and 2 servos should be enough. could i use 72 band or do i have to use 75 band for boat? i rather not spend over $60, and it can be used...just as long as it works good. any suggestions? cheers!
Old 05-14-2008, 07:07 PM
hiljoball

Default RE: need radio

No, You may not use 72 for a boat. While you may be ok, you could interfere with a plane without realizing it and cause a disaster.

You may use surface frequencies on the 27 band and the 75 band. If you need a radio for both planes and boats, go to 2.4gig.

If the radio is for a sail boat, you are better off with a 2 stick radio not a pistol grip style.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Big Buffalo

not a sail boat....

Old 05-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Big Buffalo

what about... JR XR3i Transmitter & R135 Receiver FM 75MHz 3-channel ??

the trigger to throttle the propeller, forward & backward.... then another channel to control the rudder w/ servo...then the third channel would be to operate the hopper system in the back with anther servo.