Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

10C is around the corner

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 12:03 PM
summerwind

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 10C is around the corner

after seeing the manual, it looks to be a nice addition to the Futaba line.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts
Default RE: 10C date moves back, suprised?

Bye bye! [8D]
Old 05-21-2008, 12:48 PM
DougV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck man.

I'm not waiting no more either, I have a Jet waiting for this radio, I'll order the 12FG instead.

Maybe is because of the rx's?

Regards,
Doug.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:54 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: summerwind

well that's it for me...........Futaba has again moved back their dates on this radio, and i no longer wish to keep my money tied up for Futaba to catch up with the world...............bye bye Futaba.

i posted this as i feel those waiting for a 10C should be informed as to the game that Futaba keeps playing.
JR radio is now a no-brainer.
Playing games? Like awaiting for FCC certification? I'm not so certain I'd be upset over a change from "Late May" to "Early June" at this point. Still, I think I'd be equally as happy with the JR 9303 2.4Ghz transmitter as I would with the Futaba 10C FASST.

If release dates getting pushed back irritate you beyond belief, you should avoid playing video games. The wait for Duke Nukem Forever would probably induce siezures.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:15 PM
sgillmore
My Feedback: (50)

I don't know how long you've been misled by The Dark Side, but welcome to the JR/Spektrum universe. You're going to love it here!

I've been using JR/Spektrum for years (Quattro, X-378, 8103, DX7). I just bought a X9303 a few weeks back and it's a phenomenal radio.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:50 PM
martinoto

It is great to have alternatives, and other than compatibility with the existing HW, I see no reason to be tied to any brand..

But, then again, and no mean to ofense anybody: why the urge? how could be the reason to "need" a new TX right NOW, for this weekend, or else?

This is new technology, and it is being available before its maturity just because WE WANT IT NOW, WE CAN'T WAIT ANOTHER WEEKEND WITHOUT 2.4 TECHNOLOGY ¡¡

C'mon, guys... you're pi**ed off and that is OK, but in the other hand, maybe Futaba is being responsible in terms of made the new toy available when it is ready and fully tested.
Probably they don't want to handle the same situation they did few months ago with their 6EX and 7C 2.4 Tx's...

Anyway, if you want to meve from Futaba to JR, that's fine, both are superb technology, I would change any brand anytime I feel the need. But I would do it because I like one over the other, not because I am angry.

Forgive me if it sounded rude, I am close to boredom this afternoon. I guess I am going to the LHS and get some stuff....

Regards
Old 05-21-2008, 04:04 PM
summerwind

haha........the waiting games have been an issue since last year, starting with the 6EX 2.4
Old 05-21-2008, 04:48 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think Futaba announces the products well in advance of when they know they will
be on the market and to some degree I think that is being deceptive.

I was kind of thinking about the 10C myself but I think I will just get the TM 8 for
my 9C I already have the TM 7 and its working fine.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out [8D]
Old 05-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Silent-AV8R

JR radio is now a no-brainer.

Everybody does this. You do recall that JR announced the 12X at Toledo in 2006 right? I think they are just now hitting the market. It just seems to be the way these things go.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: ira d

I think Futaba announces the products well in advance of when they know they will
See my post above. It is just not Futaba that does this. All the radio makers seem to announce product LONG before it is available.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:37 PM
summerwind

ORIGINAL: Flyfalcons

Don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out [8D]
............OUCH!!!!..........the door closed quicker than i expected.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:43 PM
summerwind

well there is some good to come from my tantrum............the wife asked if she needed to put all the money back up on the credit card today, and after explaining that Futaba is behind the wall on this, she asked why i don't get the one i originally wanted.......the 12FG, and i would except i feel like i'd be taking advantage of her, so Futaba gets one more chance, but right now after reading all the info that's up on the JR9303, it's real tempting to go with the JR.
the part that ticks me off is that i had bought 2 608FS Rx's 2 weeks ago and another this week thinking the 10C was right around the corner, so i'd have to return them.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Mike3579
My Feedback: (56)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had mine on order through my local hobby shop for a while now and don't mind the wait. What bothers me is the problem with the 6014 reciever that comes with the radio! I'm going to spend $599 and not be able to use it until Futaba figures out what the issue is with the 6014?? [:@]
Old 05-22-2008, 12:29 AM
ira d

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: ira d

See my post above. It is just not Futaba that does this. All the radio makers seem to announce product LONG before it is available.
I guess the thing that bothers me is when a company announces a newproduct lets say
in June that due in early July but for the next 8-10 months they keep changing the due
date every two weeks. To me that is being deceptive because I think they knew full
well the products was 8 to 10 months away all the time.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:57 PM
bgold

The JR guys have been complaining for over a year about when the 12X was going to actually be available, Futaba's hardly got a start on that with the 10C
Old 05-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Mr. Mugen

Heck Nomadio was supposed to release a 16ch system a long time ago and still have not heard anything about it. I was hoping for it but went for the 12FG instead. I have other nomadio radios and they are better than the top end tx's from the usual companies. I wish like the rest of you....they would not even mention it until they are sure of a release date. I know things come up but in this case....they dont tell you what came up..
Old 05-23-2008, 12:23 PM
summerwind

Default RE: 10C date moves back, update*******

"early June"..........guys this is complete BS, and Tower should be ashamed of themselves.

i will not divulge my contacts name, but they are able to see first hand what the status is on the 10C, and as of right now there is 0 quantity listed in the shipping bill for this radio. even if the radios shipped today they would still be 2-3 weeks away from arrival, and this would mean an order ship time of "late June"...............i'm usually not one to complain, and i will not spread rumors, but i feel you who have ordered one as i have should be given the truth.

although i may sell one of my children (current wwI project) to go ahead with the 12FG, this will be the last time i buy Futaba equipment.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Delivery of the Futaba 10C FASST system is due to arrive soon, contrary some peoples' beliefs.

As far as the 10C FASST system is concerned, it was announced in February with a projected release date of Late April to Early May. We're only a month off, so we're not looking at some kind of delay, delay, delay, as some posters will have some of you believe.

The Futaba 10C FASST transmitter is due to arrive in the next few weeks or so. The 10C heli transmitter on 72 MHz with the R1410DP PCM receiver doesn't have a projected delivery date at this time. The so-called 'contact' may not be quite as familiar with what's going on as others within the organization.

Information about delivery dates published by Tower Hobbies, or by us in Futaba Support North America are not made up, are not bogus guesses, and are not fake. They are the best information available at the time the delivery date is scheduled. This is based upon the manufacturer's estimated ship date, plus transit time across the Pacific Ocean, plus time to clear U.S. Customs, shipping time from the Port of Entry to Champaign, Illinois, and finally to receive and check in the items and get them properly entered into the inventory.

Unfortunately, delivery dates do get changed by the manufacturer, and nobody hates that more than we do. Some people believe this to be some kind of 'game' or 'scam' to get people to place orders and get their money. Well, Tower and Great Planes do not charge people any money until an item is shipped! If you are charged by your dealer, then that's between you and the dealer. Our organization doesn't charge anything until an item is actually invoiced and sent across the shipping manifest, which means actual product is on the way.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:53 PM
summerwind

Bill,

my sentiments to you is exactly how i feel......i do not, and i'm sure non of us currently prepaid for this radio blame Futaba.USA directly, nor do i (and i hope others) feel any animosity towards Tower............but it really would be better to just post a date farther out than expected. i'm pretty much use to the date being changed on goods by a month, but this is going into the typical, as did the 7C and 12FG 2.4 radios.
some of us do things according to what schedules are posted, and this is where Futaba aggrivates the buyers.
at least if the friggin 10C manual got posted it would pacify almost all of us................they can't even get that going.

as for not being charged, it doesn't matter, the money is still spoken for and has to remain in limbo no?
Old 05-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: summerwind

"early June"..........guys this is complete BS, and Tower should be ashamed of themselves.

i will not divulge my contacts name, but they are able to see first hand what the status is on the 10C,
Just out of curiosity how is it that your contact knows more about the shipping info for the 10C than does the company that is the sole North American distribution company for ALL Futaba products??
Old 05-23-2008, 02:06 PM
summerwind

decided to withdraw
Old 05-23-2008, 03:12 PM
ira d

Ok guys here goes a little lesson in marketing 101, what is going here
is that all the compaines are trying to be the first to capture the cust
or I should say the potential cust. By makeing the cust think the release
of a product is imminent they will pre order that product and not look
so closely at other products.

I think this practice has always gone on to some degree but as late
it seems to have become a little ridiculous, when a company spends
ten months moveing the date back every two weeks I thinks that
speaks for itself.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Silent-AV8R

And yet not one peep about the mythical JR 12X which has yet to be delivered. And that was announced in April 2007. Why no angst over that??

This is SOP for most all of the major companies, yet for some reason people are taking Futaba to task for the 10C, which was only announced in February, of THIS year.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:38 PM
summerwind

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

And yet not one peep about the mythical JR 12X which has yet to be delivered. And that was announced in April 2007. Why no angst over that??

This is SOP for most all of the major companies, yet for some reason people are taking Futaba to task for the 10C, which was only announced in February, of THIS year.
OK, announced back in 2007. that's a real reason to gripe.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.