Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

AR-7000 Glitching issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 10:49 AM
bluemagic98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AR-7000 Glitching issue

Hi
I have a problem with glitching. Im flying a 29% Cap 232 It has a Evolution 58 GX-2 engine 2 NiMH 2000 Mah batteries 4 hs-645 and 1 hs-5955 rudder servo 2 hs-425 on the throttle and choke. I have had some issuse with wire locations being close to the main RX antenna I have secured the wiring away from the RX and enjoyed many uneventfull flights. As a rule when flying at our field we have what i call hot spots. There are 2 intersecting fence lines where a wire fence has been covered over after falling down. When you fly low over these fence lines and your radio and or wiring in your plane isnt in the best of condition and or placement you will get a hit. Crossing this hot spot is what started me on this search for bad wiring issues and/or servo failures. This last trip to the field has me wondering. the last flight of the day I had a glitch on takeoff almost stuffed the left wing in the dirt. I decidded to make for a short field approch and investigate crossing one of these hot spots and the throtle servo bumped up my throttle and stayed there till i moved the throttle past 1/4 This made landing all but imposable the symptom reoccured on 3 passes. I had to make a longer strieght in approche to avoid the hot spot.
I know this is an enviromental issue all sorts of failures have happened in these hot spots If you dont use extream caution mounting hardware and wiring your going to get hit in these spots and more so latter in the day. eather due to lower battery voltage or some other enviromental issue. Ussually its just a slight hit like a small burbble in the throttle or a wiggle in a rudder. Once or twice a year I see a full throttle full down elevatot hit resulting in a total failure. In all of these cases its been a low end radio system.

The question I have here is do you think a bad servo might be at issue or a bad extention wire? How would you test for these issues? The fact that the trottle picked up considerably and stayed there till the throttle stick was moved Dose this indicate a RX ir TX issue? the fail safe was set durring binding and the throttle was clossed and I tested this before shutting down the plane after landing. I will also be cycling and testing the batteries. However they are new. Is the fact that im ussing non digital servos an issue? Note the rudder servo is digital. I have moved the ignition battery and switch as forward as possable. One day I was going to fly this plane at a new site I noticed that one elivator would fully deflect when the ignition was switched on and when the engine was started the whole plane became glitchy after moving the battery and ignition switch this issue went away.

I have these RX's in a few other planes without issue. My feeling is this plane is Jinxed