Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Changing Freg. ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 03:24 PM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Changing Freg. ?

I have a Hitech Flash 5 radio on ch 30. I would like to change the Freq. on the RX & TX to another channel. My supplier only has TX crystals in Futaba brand. Will a Futaba TX crystal work in my HiTech Flash 5 Radio. confused

Jim
Old 05-08-2003, 03:58 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Changing Freg. ?

I have just been through this too. I was told by futaba that they may work, but they don't suggest it. Also told by a bunch of others not to do it here. I ended up selling the Hitec recievers and getting Futaba. Worked out good. What ch you looking for?

All the manufacturers say to only use the same brand crystals in a radio. I would look around and find the right ones just to be on the safe side. I am not an expert, but from what I was told by the experts, I wouldn't advise it.
Old 05-08-2003, 04:02 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Changing Freg. ?

You are not supposed to change out TX Xtals according to FCC and I think Hitec. Having said that, do not use Futaba Xtals in a Hitec. It might work but it may cause problems at the field with other radios.

A rule of thumb given me by Tower Hobbies when I changed the frequency of my Tower Hobbies System 3000 (A Futaba clone) was that you do not change the frequency of a TX by more than + or - 2 channels. With Futaba RXs, you only use a HI Xtal in a HI RX and a LO Xtal in a LO RX. Hitec says you can change out the Xtal in their RXs without regard to HI or LO.
Old 05-08-2003, 04:02 PM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Changing Freq ?

I just talked with HiTech and they said to do this I had to send in my radio because each TX crystal is tuned to the radio.

They also said it might work but they would not even try it.

Thanks