Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum throttle shutoff

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 04:51 PM
FrancisPerson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum throttle shutoff

On my old Hitec radio when I wanted the engine to quit I pressed a button. I cannot figure out how to do this on my new Spektrum DX7. I folowed the instructions in the book but it is not clear hou to stop the engine and then resume the original idle setting.

Thanks

Francis
Old 06-01-2008, 05:07 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum throttle shutoff

I have done this a number of times with the DX7. I do not own one of my own, but I have helped many others. If you hold the two buttons down, on the lower left of the Tx, while you turn on the power, a menu comes up with a number of parameters that you can change. One parameter has to do with Throttle Cut or whatever Spektrum calls it.

Once enabled, you adjust your throttle trim, as usual, to get the best idle. When you want to cut the engine, you hold the throttle trim down continuously until the engine quits. I know that sounds like you are just shutting the carb barrel, and that is true, but all you have to do is push up Once, on the throttle trim, and it jumps back, immediately, to your previously set idle position.

I would prefer a momentary switch that cuts the engine instantly, but Spektrum chose to do it differently.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:21 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 350 Likes on 280 Posts

THROTTLE RECOVERY

Set it from INH to ACT

You can also set up a throttle to throttle mix.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:59 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't like the trim thing-at all - However on a airplane setup -consider using the three way switch directly above the left stick
This can be easily programmed to have three positions
a high idle - a normal (no influence ) and a low -or shutoff position.
OR assign the retract switch -
or the aux switch
frankly I avoid switches which shut off the engine - too easy to do an "oh oh" at the wrong time . a push button to off is my favorite (the DX6i) but the 3 way aint all that bad.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One little minor addendum. To cut the throttle, the throttle trim must go all the way down. Then you can bump it up one click to return to the preset. If you dont go all the way down the bump up doesnt work. Not one of my favorite functions on the DX7, but I can live with it.
Edwin
Old 06-02-2008, 12:53 AM
sgillmore
My Feedback: (50)

You might want to take a look at this site. Bob has put together a LOT of useful info and howtos on the DX7. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see a link called "DX 7 Throttle "Kill"" that you might find useful.

R/C Aerobatics - Spektrum DX 7 Radio Page
[link=http://rcaerobats.net/Spektrum/dx_7_main_page.htm]http://rcaerobats.net/Spektrum/dx_7_main_page.htm[/link]
Old 06-02-2008, 06:46 AM
FrancisPerson

Thanks guys I will now have to go flying asap to try it out.

Francis