Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR PC data transfer system

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 08:49 PM
see_e_oh
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR PC data transfer system

Program printed fine without the transmitter connected.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:39 PM
chucklucklt1

HI, Fellas do any of you guy's have a good setup for, Hanger 9 P-47 150, if so any info would be helpful, thanks.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:06 AM
ozzieflyer

Hi Guys,
Received my JRProPo USB transfer kit today.
Mine is from the local Australian importers.

Can you all confirm the software version you are running?

Mine is showing
ProPo Data Version 0.1
Copyright 2007.

On the disk it says,
PC DataTransfer
OVERSEAS
Ver 1.00 Release 00
Copyright 2007

Is this the current version?
Thanks
Old 11-05-2008, 04:45 AM
ggroyal1

Hey Mate,

That is correct.

George G. Royal
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98619.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	1065943  
Old 11-05-2008, 11:17 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone tried installing this on a MAC running windows via boot camp? I have a macbook Pro and everything else I have ever tried has worked fine but when I get to the point of executing the setup program nothing happens. It displays an hour glass for a bit but never does anything else. Anyone been able to get this working?

Thanks
Wayne
Old 04-20-2009, 04:51 PM
wfield0455

ORIGINAL: Hilarious

ggroyal1
You are going to find this thing very cool, all programing in the computer is much easier than doing it in the transmitter. But, it does work with Vista, the install is a little different than XP so send me a pm if you would like me to help you through it. The more you get into this one the more fun. If you need some of the basic setups like dual ailer, dual elevator or an Ultra Stik Crow let me know and I will email them to you.
Hilarious
I've been trying to get it installed under Viast 64 and have been having problems with getting the driver loaded.. It finds the driver, complains that it isn't digitally signed and gives me the option of installing it anyway. I tell it go ahead and install it and but it say driver failed to install, and that it is missing or corrupt.. Any suggestions?
Old 04-20-2009, 05:12 PM
ggroyal1

Take a look at this link:

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1426/...on_x64_vs_x86/

I have the Vista 32-bit and a computer with XP and they both work.

George G. Royal
Old 04-20-2009, 08:35 PM
thebluemax
My Feedback: (151)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: ggroyal1

George G. Royal

I have the same issue installing it on my new laptop that came with the 64bit version of Vista. That seems to be the standard now. There is a way to install it as a legacy software program which I tried but that did not work either.

I talked with the reps for Horizon at the Toledo Expo about this problem and they are looking into it. I gave them screen shots of the error messages and I have just sent them this link you posted. After reading that web page I think this is the problem with installing this software as you do get the message about the drivers not being properly signed.

Hopefully, the techs at Horizon will look into it and get this fixed. I still have it on my desktop that has XP and it works just fine. So I am not dead in the water. I wanted on my laptop so I could do it in my shop instead of dragging it up to the computer room.

Thanks again for the link.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Are you guys talking about the X9303 software?

The 12X software which is different from the X9303 software has the same problem.

The program loads but the USB driver is unsigned. It's just a generic driver from an outfit in Germany and is actually listed for the 64 bit version of Windows XP. Now as rare as that OS is, I can't see why we can't get a driver for 64 bit Vista which is about all you can buy right now and Windows 7 should be out this fall and who knows what compatibility issues that will have?

Myself and a number of other 12X users have been bugging Horizon about it for some time now with no results. I've gone to a schedule of calling them about every two months. Some CS/tech guys are un-aware of the problem, some say yes there is a problem and some say yes there is a prolem and a solution is in the works. My conclusion is that no one at Horizon who has some horsepower with JR is aware of the issue, or it's just not important enough to address.

I guess all we can do is keep up the pressure on Horizon to either issue a suitable driver as an update or get JR on the stick.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:38 AM
thebluemax

ORIGINAL: Zeeb

Are you guys talking about the X9303 software?

The 12X software which is different from the X9303 software has the same problem.

The program loads but the USB driver is unsigned. It's just a generic driver from an outfit in Germany and is actually listed for the 64 bit version of Windows XP. Now as rare as that OS is, I can't see why we can't get a driver for 64 bit Vista which is about all you can buy right now and Windows 7 should be out this fall and who knows what compatibility issues that will have?

Myself and a number of other 12X users have been bugging Horizon about it for some time now with no results. I've gone to a schedule of calling them about every two months. Some CS/tech guys are un-aware of the problem, some say yes there is a problem and some say yes there is a prolem and a solution is in the works. My conclusion is that no one at Horizon who has some horsepower with JR is aware of the issue, or it's just not important enough to address.

I guess all we can do is keep up the pressure on Horizon to either issue a suitable driver as an update or get JR on the stick.

I have the software for the 9303 but it sounds like both versions have the same issue. It also looks like you need to pay the German company for the new driver unless I am reading something wrong on their web site. I also tried looking at download.com and zdnet.com but didn't see anything there.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Zeeb

ORIGINAL: thebluemax

I have the software for the 9303 but it sounds like both versions have the same issue. It also looks like you need to pay the German company for the new driver unless I am reading something wrong on their web site. I also tried looking at download.com and zdnet.com but didn't see anything there.
Well I suspect that is the only real issue is someone has to either pay for an updated driver from a company, or have their software engineers write one. It should not require that "I" pay for another driver if that's what you're suggesting? The date on the driver supplied with the 12X software is dated December, 2005 so it's pretty obvious why it doesn't work....[>:]
Old 04-21-2009, 11:12 AM
thebluemax

ORIGINAL: Zeeb

Well I suspect that is the only real issue is someone has to either pay for an updated driver from a company, or have their software engineers write one. It should not require that "I" pay for another driver if that's what you're suggesting? The date on the driver supplied with the 12X software is dated December, 2005 so it's pretty obvious why it doesn't work....[>:]
I agree with you. I was not suggesting at all that we have to pay for one. Maybe JR would need to pay or like you say write their own if they have the people to do it. From what I have seen the drivers are usually free but this company shows a price sheet if you want it.

My driver is also dated December 2005 so it looks like both versions use the same drivers. I think my version is 2.30. I have to go back and look it up.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:11 PM
wfield0455

George G. Royal
Yup after looking at this and what JR provided for drivers it was pretty clear that there just isn't a 64bit vista compatible driver for this thing. It ooks like I'm out of luck getting this to run on my 64 bit Vista desktop machine, at least for now....

At that point I decided to complicate my life further and try to get it to run under XP / VMWare Fusion on my macbook pro... Everything installed without errors.... I started the program and it seemed to be running ok so I decided to try to transfer a test program from my transmitter to the PC and kaboom, crashed the mac... It didn't even have the decency to only crash the vitual machine running XP, it had to hang the entire system :^) At this point I think I've run out of PCs / OSes to play with.... IF anyone has any other suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.

Thanks
Wayne
Old 05-21-2009, 04:32 PM
thebluemax

Ok guys, here is the latest.... I have good news, then some bad news, and then some possiblegood news,

Good News:
I reached out again to the guy I talked with from Horizon when I was at the Toledo Expo. I got an e-mail from one of his guys with steps to install the drivers on the 64 bit version of Vista. The driversinstalled correctly and it WORKS and I am up and running with the data transfer software on Vista64.

Bad News:
However, when I reboot my pc or start up new it does not work. Same problem we have now. I have contacted them again with the problem about not working on the reboot or clean start up.

Possible Good News:
In the mean time I think there is a work around we can use as I tried it andit works on my pc after I rebooted it. You will just need to remember to do this when you want to run the data transfer program. I think itwill work for both the 9303 and 10X (12X?) version as it is defiinitely a Vista 64 problem in my opinion as I can get it to run on my pc..

Here are the steps to do to get it to run. I am assuming everything is still on your pc but you have the yellow warning on the driver and the data transfer programsays it can't find it. If you don't have it installed you can still do this step to install it and you will then work but you will have to do this step until a permanent fix can be found.

Here is the fix and below is the steps to do it. When starting windows you need to disable the Driver Signature Enforcement. This temporarily diables it which is why you need to do it everytime you want to use the Data Transfer software.

How to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
To do this follow these steps:

â— Reboot or start up the computer.
â— During the reboot or startup process keep pushing the F8 key on the keyboard. You have to do this before windows loads. DO NOT press and hold the key but keep pressing it repeatedly.
This will take you to the Advanced Boot Options menu (which looks like an old DOS screen)
â— Select “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” and press Enter.

After this the computer will boot normally and then loadWindows.

Then when Windows comes up you should be able to plug in the usb cable and radio and use the software.You shoud be up and running.You may get prompted to install the driver if it is not on there but you can follow the steps in the original manual for that. If you get it and once you do it you should not ever get prompted again forit,unless you deleteit oruninstall thesoftware.

Be curious to see if it works for you or not.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:10 AM
hpais

Is there a repository of model files on RCU or on the net for the 12X?I am looking for files for the CARF Eurosport (delta wing 2 elevons, no flaps) and for a Tucano 125 (2 aileron, 2 flaps, 1 elevator, crow braking for landing). A friend mentioned that there's a site with both generic setups and specific setups. ThanksHermann
Old 05-22-2009, 05:13 PM
thebluemax

ORIGINAL: hpais

Is there a repository of model files on RCU or on the net for the 12X?I am looking for files for the CARF Eurosport (delta wing 2 elevons, no flaps) and for a Tucano 125 (2 aileron, 2 flaps, 1 elevator, crow braking for landing). A friend mentioned that there's a site with both generic setups and specific setups. ThanksHermann

Hermann,
I don't know if this is the site or not but this is a link to a reviewarticle at Horizon that has a couple on there. www.horizonhobby.com/Articles/Article.aspx

There maybe more articles if you do a search on that site.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:59 PM
hpais

Thanks thebluemax,

It appears the 12X program is not compatible with the 9303 and 10X... bummer.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Zeeb

Ok guys, here is the latest.... I have good news, then some bad news, and then some possiblegood news,

Good News:
I reached out again to the guy I talked with from Horizon when I was at the Toledo Expo. I got an e-mail from one of his guys with steps to install the drivers on the 64 bit version of Vista. The driversinstalled correctly and it WORKS and I am up and running with the data transfer software on Vista64.

Bad News:
However, when I reboot my pc or start up new it does not work. Same problem we have now. I have contacted them again with the problem about not working on the reboot or clean start up.

Possible Good News:
In the mean time I think there is a work around we can use as I tried it andit works on my pc after I rebooted it. You will just need to remember to do this when you want to run the data transfer program. I think itwill work for both the 9303 and 10X (12X?) version as it is defiinitely a Vista 64 problem in my opinion as I can get it to run on my pc..

Here are the steps to do to get it to run. I am assuming everything is still on your pc but you have the yellow warning on the driver and the data transfer programsays it can't find it. If you don't have it installed you can still do this step to install it and you will then work but you will have to do this step until a permanent fix can be found.

Here is the fix and below is the steps to do it. When starting windows you need to disable the Driver Signature Enforcement. This temporarily diables it which is why you need to do it everytime you want to use the Data Transfer software.

How to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
To do this follow these steps:

â— Reboot or start up the computer.
â— During the reboot or startup process keep pushing the F8 key on the keyboard. You have to do this before windows loads. DO NOT press and hold the key but keep pressing it repeatedly.
This will take you to the Advanced Boot Options menu (which looks like an old DOS screen)
â— Select “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” and press Enter.

After this the computer will boot normally and then loadWindows.

Then when Windows comes up you should be able to plug in the usb cable and radio and use the software.You shoud be up and running.You may get prompted to install the driver if it is not on there but you can follow the steps in the original manual for that. If you get it and once you do it you should not ever get prompted again forit,unless you deleteit oruninstall thesoftware.

Be curious to see if it works for you or not.

Okay I gave it a go.

Running 64 bit Vista with the SP2 RC pack installed. The DataSafesoftware had already been installed andIIRC I'd told it to go ahead and remove the offending driver the last time I experimented with the software. Booting up with the driver signing enforcement disabled, the program loaded and connected to the radio.

I transferred three models to the computer and got a data transfer error on the fourth so I tried that model again and it worked. Then on the fifth model I got the infamous BSOD.....

Rebooted without disabling the driver signature enforcement and didn't see anything about a bad driver so Itried to transfer again and immediately got another BSOD. So I let it reboot again without disabling the driver signing enforcement and ran a registry clean up/compact with the Norton Utilities software. Rebooted with the driver signing enforcement disabled and transferred another half dozen models to the computer with no issues.

So it would appear that while the driver itself may be in need of some tweaking, the primary problem is as we suspected; no digital signature on the driver.

It's been awhile since I bugged Horizon about this problem with the 12X DataSafe software, guess it's time to hit the phone lines again although I'm losing hope that they'll be able to get JR on the stick.

In the mean time, I've downloaded the Windows 7 RC but haven't installed it yet as I'm not sure Iwant to go back to playing with new OS software again. That used to be fun, now it's just a pain in the butt. But I'm curious after speaking with friends in the computer world about Windows 7 and more support for various other software/hardware setups, or possibly an easier way to eliminate the driver signing enforcement for specific applications.

Thanks for your efforts and please post any new tidbits you might come up with?
Old 05-23-2009, 11:22 AM
thebluemax

Zeeb,
I had the same issues as you a couple of time and was able to start it again and it would work. However,mine will not work at all unless I disable the driver verification first.

The tech person from Horizon I have been dealing with via e-mail, called me yesterday and hooked into my pc to see what was going on and to create the errors. We were on the phone for over2 hours and he tried manythings and we still got the same results. He says he has not hadthese problems since using this install procedure but he agrees that more needs to be done. He is going to do some more work on it andwe are suppose to hook up again next week and make another goof it.

One thing he told me was that he was testing with the X9303, the 2.4ghz transmitter.Once installed he has had no issues at all.I have the XP9303 and he hadnot tested with that. Ican't remember if he saidhe did anything with the 10X or 12X but I don't think so.

I doubt it is the transmitter. To me it looks like when you press start and the program tries to configure the usb device, windows is checking to see if the driver is verified or not. If it isn't, it isn't working, period. My understanding the verification process is suppose to prevent hacking your system which to me makes sense why it won't work as well as additional revenue to Microsoft for people to validate their drivers.

If you are interested in trying theinstructions anddriver he sent me, send me a PMwith your e-mail address and I will send itto you.He sent me a driver but it is the same one we already have.For now Ijust disable thedriver enforcment when I want to sendor receive with the transmitter. You can use the program to change your settingsonce the fileis there or you can create your own.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Zeeb

Thanks for the offer of the driver, but I don't think that's gonna do the trick. The driver that comes with the 12X is dated Dec. '05 and if you do a search for the author, it's a German outfit who does USB drivers for sale. If that driver he sent you fits that description, it's probably the same one I've got.

AFAIK, the software for the X9303 and the 10X are different than the 12X software and I'm not sure what the exact difference is other than Horizon/JR say the programs are different.

Whether it's the USBdriver is differentor what I don't know, but the USBcable for the 12X is just a cable, nothing in the middle like my other USB capable peripheral cables. Those cables all have some sort of device in the middle of thecable where what ever is in that "box" on most USB cables for peripherals, is internal to the 12X radio. The 12X data cable looks just like a trainer cable except it's got a USB connection on one end.

I suppose that one of the things that really bugs me about this issue is that the software and USB drivers from both Castle Creations (CastleLink) for ESC programmingand FMA (CellPro) for battery chargerswork without a hitch on the 64 bit Vista. If those relatively small companies can come up with software that works with the 64 bit Vista, what's JR's excuse????
Old 05-24-2009, 10:23 AM
thebluemax

I don't what the differences between the two are but there must be if the cables are different. Maybe the 12X has in it whatever is in the little box on the cable so the cable for the 12X doesn't need the box.

I saw before that the driver was owned by a German company and they sell them. Maybe JR just needs to buy it. The new driver they sent me is dated Dec 2005 but the version number is slightly different. It is 2.31. some number (I can't remember it) and the one on the cd is just 2.31.0.0. In any case the results are the same.

As for Castle and FMA they must be using a differnt driver that is already verified. Your right though, if they can do it why not JR. I agree it should not be this hard.

I will let you know what happens next week when they get back to me and if they send me something that works I can forward it on if you like.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:12 PM
ggroyal1

If you replace your transmitter and download the data from the old one(from your PC) to the new one, do you have to rebind each plane? I have 14 planes as of today. Has anyone ever had to download all their planes to a new transmitter?

Thanks,
George G. Royal
Old 05-25-2009, 04:31 AM
cutarug

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a JR8310 and the programming is impossible,can you program in the PC and assign switches and mixing and up load?
I would get it if I thought this was possible
Old 05-25-2009, 07:24 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you mean the JR8103? I do not believe the PC Data Transfer is compatible with the JR8103.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=JRPA310
Old 05-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Zeeb

If you replace your transmitter and download the data from the old one(from your PC) to the new one, do you have to rebind each plane? I have 14 planes as of today. Has anyone ever had to download all their planes to a new transmitter?

Thanks,
George G. Royal
Yes....

Each tx has it's own unique code which it assigns to the model slots and then transmits that information to the various rx's during binding.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.