Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Throttle Cut - JR Propo XP

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 01:09 AM
l0n3i200n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Cut - JR Propo XP

Hi All

I have a JR PROPO XP2720 TX, I've tried setting the throttle cut function as per the instruction manual, but being the tech wiz I am it seems to win me every time. Please can someone tell me step for step how to properly set it and how to use it properly. I had a Airtoronics RD6000 before the JR TX and it had a nice throttle cut button/switch. I was also wondering can I setup the JR to make one of the other switches a Throttle cut switch ( except the gear ) since I'm using it for my gyro.

Also I've noticed JR Propo XP2720 looks very simular to the JR Propo XP 7202? Are they the same TX's? Sure looks the same, even the manual looks simular.

,l0n3i200n
Old 06-05-2008, 09:44 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Throttle Cut - JR Propo XP

I am not familiar with that Tx, but here are some of the things I do:

Set the Low Throttle ATV to at least 100%
Set the Throttle Stick and the Throttle Trim to full down
Close the barrel on the carb and adjust the throttle linkage
Set the Throttle Trim to about half
Start the engine and adjust the Throttle Trim for best Idle
Adjust Low Throttle ATV if necessary

Find the Throttle Cut function in the programming and Activate it. If it has a % parameter, adjust accordingly so that the Throttle Servo does not bind.

Is it this procedure that you were confused about or where in the JR Programming the Throttle Cut function was located?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sir,

I am not familiar with the specific model of JR radio that you are using but, I will try to assist you by using my radio (JR 9303) programming as an example. You will be using one of the mixing functions of your radio and if you have more than one MIX then it is likely that one or two are multipoint mixes which you should not use. So, for example on my radio MIX 1 and MIX 2 are multipoint so I programmed MIX 3 to be my throttle cut. Go to MIX 3 or the appropriate non multi point mix on your radio and choose 'throttle' as master and 'throttle' as slave. You then have to select the switch that will initiate throttle cut. I use the switch call "MIX", which is the top right hand switch on the 9303 and highlight POS 1 and then using the increase/decrease roller add enough to make the throttle close the barrel when you move the "MIX' switch from POS 0 to POS 1. If it move in the wrong direction simply reverse (+ or _) what you added. When you start your engine and when you are flying the switch is in the 0 position and when you want to kill the engine move it to the 1 position. If this does not help tell me what specific problems you are experiencing and maybe I can be helpful.

Howard
Old 06-05-2008, 11:54 PM
l0n3i200n

Thanks Howard & BuschBarber

Think I just might give it a try. Below is an extract of the mixing I can do on my radio. Can I assign it the the Elevator Dual Rate switch or should I assing it to the AUX2. - Ideally i would prefer the Elevator switch since it on the same side a the Throttle Hold switch.

I assume the below was what you suggested Howard?

In helicopter mode the XP7202 offers three (3)
programmable mixes that allow stick or switch inputs to
control the output of two or more servos. This function
allows mixing any one channel to any other channel or the
ability to mix a channel to itself. The mix can remain ON
at all times, or be switched OFF in flight using a number
of different switches. (Refer to chart at right.) Mix values
are adjustable from 0 to 125%. Each channel is identified
by a four character name (i.e., Aileron - AILE, Elevator
- ELEV, etc.). The channel appearing first is the master
channel. The second channel is the slave channel. For
example, AILE - ELEV would indicate aileron to elevator
mixing. Each time the aileron stick is moved, the elevator
will deflect, and the elevator will automatically move in
the direction and to the position based on the value input
in the programmable mix screen. Mixing is proportional,
so small inputs of the master channel will produce small
outputs of the slave channel. Each programmable mix
has a mixing offset. The purpose of the mixing offset is to
redefine the neutral position of the slave channel.

ON: Mixing Always On
F-NR: Flight mode normal
F-S12: Stunt modes 1 and 2
F-S2: Stunt mode 2
HOLD: Throttle hole toward self
GEAR: Gear channel toward self
Old 06-05-2008, 11:59 PM
l0n3i200n

The reason why I want to set one of the switches is because the XP2720 or XP 7202 (same TX) has this unique throttle cut function, which I REALLY don't enjoy.

"The XP7202 has a unique throttle trim recovery feature.Throttle Recovery stores the last know throttle trim position before the trim is moved to the full down (closed) position. That stored position is then recalled by moving the throttletrim up (open) one notch. This makes shutting off the engine and restarting it with the correct trim position easy. Throttle Recovery must be activated for each model."[:@]
Old 06-06-2008, 09:23 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am a Fixed Wing pilot and while I experimented with a Shulter HeliBoy, in the 80's, I have not gotten back into Heli's. To me, Throttle Cut is an easy way to Kill a glow engine. Having it on a switch means I can leave the Throttle Trim alone. I taxi to the edge of the runway and kill the engine. I had a situation, recently, where my retracts would not come down. On landing, I killed the engine on approach and belly landed in the high grass, saving the prop.

I use a FiberOptic Kill switch to kill a Gas engine. This works even if the Throttle servo quits.

My JR9303 has an Analog Throttle Trim so I can just as easily quickly pull the Throttle Trim down to kill the engine, but I prefer to use a switch.