Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

electronics setup in plane

Old 06-20-2008, 01:43 PM
griffin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electronics setup in plane

I'm setting up a 50cc plane and could use some help with the electronics.
I have 3- 2600mah li-ion batts, 2- Mpi regulators (1 ACC135 dual, and 1 ACC139), and 3 Mpi 3470 switches. Do the regs go between the battery and switch or between Rx and switch? How about the ignition?
I remember seeing a diagram on this before but can't seem to find it again...
Old 06-22-2008, 07:08 PM
Smacka

Default RE: electronics setup in plane

Receiver Setup:
Battery...Switch...Regulator...Receiver

Ignition Setup:
Battery...Switch...Regulator (if no regulator is necessary, go straight to ignition)...Ignition Module

Bottom Line:
Always place a switch between the battery and whatever you are powering down stream. The AR 9100 comes with a soft switch. I threw it away and installed a Fromeco Badger Switch between each battery and its regulator. I did not need a regulator for my ignition module because it was designed to handle 9.6 volts. My three batteries are Fromeco Relions...2600 mah (2s...7.4 v). Everything works great!

Hope this helps,
Smacka
Old 06-23-2008, 05:46 AM
griffin

Thanks Smacka
Old 12-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Rockyaged

I also will be using the AR9100 receiver in my almost finished Extra 300... I have used the A123 batteries with
100 % success in two giant scale (30% and 35%), and will use them in the new Extra, 40%.. I will likely not
use the soft switch either. I will use the JR super switches and power the receiver direct without regualtors, as
the AR9100 is designed to do that. A123 batteries I have used have an output of 6.7 volts max, thus eliminating
the need for regulators or a power supply. I usually fly three or four flights per flying session, and have yet to use
50% of the A123's capacity. I may get there with a 40% Extra using eight HiTech 5955s and two HiTech 5645s.
Oh... yes, there will be a regulator on the Ignition power supply..

Gerald