Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Xmtr won't talk to Rcvr

Old 06-21-2008, 08:09 PM
sjurhs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xmtr won't talk to Rcvr

I am a new member and this is my first post. I know very little about RC so please excuse my ignorance. My interest is in radio control of my live steam model steam locomotive.

I purchased a used JR Python 75MHz NET-112 transmitter and a used JR NER-822X receiver. The problem I am having is with the transmitter and receiver I bought. Unless I have the transmitter next to the receiver, nothing happens. Both the transmitter and receiver crystals are the same frequency. 75.950 MHz Channel 88. The instruction manual for the Python system says the receiver should be an NER-102. I couldn't find the NER-102 anywhere so I bought a JR 2 channel 75 MHZ AM receiver. (The NER-822X) Is this receiver incompatible with the transmitter? I have been unable to find any information on it.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:36 PM
slarty

Default RE: Xmtr won't talk to Rcvr

There's your answer....

so I bought a JR 2 channel 75 MHZ AM receiver
The JR Transmitter is an FM based system and is not compatible with an AM receiver.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Campgems

I'm not familiar with that series of RC gear, but what little I could find on the JRRadio site, you have the basics covered. Right frequency bands, right channel, right moulation mode, IE AM, and same manufacture. If you can get the proper response at close range, but noting further apart, it sounds like an antenna issue with either the receiver or transmitter. I would check to make sure that the antenna on the tranmitter is OK. it is easy to drop one and punch the anenna down and break the PC board it screws onto. Also check the receiver antenna. Make sure it is the propper length. Compair to other JR 75mhz radios. Is your meter showing good output on the TX? On the down side, it may be that you have a dead receiver or transmitter. I would look for a local hobby shop that sell JR and see if they will checkout your radio for you. At least to the point of knowing if the TX or RX is at fault.

Good luck.

Don.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:52 PM
sjurhs

The JR Transmitter is an FM based system and is not compatible with an AM receiver.
According to the instruction manual, it is an AM system. Any help with information on the NER-822X receiver?
Old 06-21-2008, 11:01 PM
Campgems

Not so, his TX is an AM transmitter.

Don
Old 06-22-2008, 05:08 PM
slarty

I stand corrected.... Thanks... (My chart showed it as an FM system !)

[sm=red_smile.gif]