Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Submicro FAAST receivers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Submicro FAAST receivers?

I'm contemplating buying a FAAST 2.4 system. However, I have several small parkflyers that currently use those Castle Creations Berg microstamp receivers. This is an excellent receiver that adds next to no weight to the model, but I'd like to go with the newer technology. Is there a similar receiver available for 2.4, or are we not quite there yet?
Old 06-22-2008, 02:40 PM
garys

Default RE: Submicro FAAST receivers?

The Futaba R616FFM 2.4 FASST receiver weighs without the case is the same weight as the Berg (4 grams). The full range R617FS FASST receiver without the case is only 3 grams heavier. What park flyers are you flying that 3 grams really makes a difference?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXUDS7&P=SM
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTHL6&P=SM
Old 06-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Submicro FAAST receivers?

I have a Spectrum system that came with a Blade CX2, tried it in the Formosa and she went straight in- just bits and pieces are left, lost the $50/LIPO too. I guess it'll be another 5 years or so until they get this whole 2.4 thing figured out. Once it locks up, it doesn't matter how close you get, the model is going in. That's unacceptable. I'll be sticking with good ol' tried and true FM. Sucks, that felt great flying with no long antenna for the first minute or so.