Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

purchasing radio's online

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 08:16 PM
bigbadbrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default purchasing radio's online

anyone have any suggestions for a place to purchase a good 6 channel futaba airplane radio online?
Old 05-13-2003, 08:41 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Look at towerhobbies.com or I have also bought from Dougs, but don't remember the site. He had great prices and service. What radio are you looking for?
Old 05-13-2003, 11:31 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Something you might consider -- you can save a good bit of money purchasing used from trusted modelers here or on "that" auction site. Just be sure you know your seller and are confident in the product you purchase.

If you are looking at 6 channels to save money, you can purchase a well cared for gently used 8 channel transmitter system for about the same $$.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:44 AM
Hanger Rat

" Just be sure you know the seller"
Thats almost impossible on the internet. If the truth be known there are no bargains and the old adage is still true. Let the buyer beware. If you plan on buying radio equipment on the net you should have an old airplane to test it on. Just my humble opinion
Old 05-14-2003, 11:46 AM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

Sorry, Hanger, I should've said it better. Look at the sellers history -- if he has sold radio equipment on the site you're looking to buy from and has nearly perfect positive feedback, you're likely to get a good piece of equipment from him/her.

Buying used from a fellow club member you know well is also a good choice.

I agree testing the equipment in a less expensive plane is always a good idea.
Old 05-14-2003, 12:18 PM
Jim_McIntyre

Originally posted by Hanger Rat
" Just be sure you know the seller"
Thats almost impossible on the internet. If the truth be known there are no bargains and the old adage is still true. Let the buyer beware. If you plan on buying radio equipment on the net you should have an old airplane to test it on. Just my humble opinion
I've bought some excellent equipment online, including radios, gyros etc.
I don't "test in an old plane", I send it off to be checked out by the manufacturers, same thing I do about every 2 years with all my radios....safety first.

Good deals can be had... but so can you. If the deal seems too good to be true, it probably is. If it doesn't feel right, back away. It always helps to contact people at the club they fly at. It's a surprisingly small community, and finding someone who knows someone (networking) is your best tool to deals on the net.

JMHO, hope it helps.

Jim.