Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

car rated servos in plane ?

Old 07-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Charlie H.
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car rated servos in plane ?

Hi Guys
I saw a builders thread where they were using Futaba S-3305 servos in a jet for control surfaces . The servo has a good torque rating and metal gears , but recommened for cars ? What the differance between a car rated and aircraft rated ?

Thanks
Charlie
Old 07-09-2008, 03:23 AM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: car rated servos in plane ?

Hi!
Just something invented by the advertisers.
But!...Top of the line car servos could be made a little sturdier ...that's all.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:55 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: car rated servos in plane ?

I've heard that the car servos have wider deadband settings than the airplane servos - which would translate to not quite as precise centering.

I don't own any car servos, so take that with a grain of salt until you've checked it further. You might do a search of the forums, I believe it was in one of the manufacturers direct radio support forums that I read it.